Is it worth getting Xbox One now that we know a new one will be out next year?

I heard they are releasing the next Xbox next year in 2020, is it still worth buying and Xbox One at this point? 

I feel like if I get one now, I would just regret it which is having me lean in the way of getting a Switch instead. 

• 2 years later...

I still recommend owning it for a little while longer. Microsoft did mention that they will still keep support for the XBox 1 for a number of years, until more and more companies make the switch to the newest system they finally released. Plus we still don't know if the current hardware specs will stay working for more than a year or two. After all, there are always hickups in hardware in everything that is newly built.

The Series X is a proper upgrade on the last generation consoles and I would honestly recommend getting one if you can afford one and manage to get your hands on one. This reply is a bit late but if any one else is wondering about the same thing, if you can, just get a Series X or S instead of the One.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, Ash said:

The Series X is a proper upgrade on the last generation consoles and I would honestly recommend getting one if you can afford one and manage to get your hands on one. This reply is a bit late but if any one else is wondering about the same thing, if you can, just get a Series X or S instead of the One.

I agree, if you can get a series X or S then just do it. The new hardware and improvements are worth it. There is no point in wasting your money on an older console generation - even though they'll work just great for a while longer.