Do you use Zoom for meetings or to just gather with friends and family? Have you found any glitches in the software? 

I use it weekly for family meetings and it seems there is a software update almost every time I log in. Kind of like Skype  ;)

How do you feel about the special backgrounds you can use? I haven't done it yet but thought it looked fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard of them but never used it. Why use it if you can use skype or even discord allows you to do video calls now and not to mention that discord offers more :) 

I haven't used it yet because I haven't had a need for it. It's funny because a lot of people never knew about Zoom but it just randomly became very popular when the Coronavirus stuff started to happy. Some family members use it and it seems to be good for a free service.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, kingcool52 said:

I haven't used it yet because I haven't had a need for it. It's funny because a lot of people never knew about Zoom but it just randomly became very popular when the Coronavirus stuff started to happy. Some family members use it and it seems to be good for a free service.

many overlook the free part, I see a lot people complaining about their Zoom kicking them off or not connecting in a large gathering, which being free the service does have its limits.

• 2 months later...

I had to use zoom for many of my classes and I probably still will come September. I hate virtual learning but I guess zoom has been better than nothing. I finally started to enjoy using zoom when I had some calls with my friends. We would catch up and play games together to make the covid-19 pandemic a little more bearable. 

You must try the backgrounds out @LämmchenThey are indeed fun!

I've had to start using it a few times for work meetings but that has been it so far. I'm not sure what platform we will be using for university stuff yet although it might be Teams instead of Zoom

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Funny enough I had to use this service last month for a job interview, which I scored and got! Now we often use Teams for viewing since we can't have too many people in the office.

Nice. Congrats on the new job. Teams is great although I do wish that we could see who has joined a meeting/call that has already started before we join it

spacer.png

16 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

Nice. Congrats on the new job. Teams is great although I do wish that we could see who has joined a meeting/call that has already started before we join it

on what? Teams? You should be able to.

13 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

on what? Teams? You should be able to.

Yeah Teams. I've searched for it online and it doesn't seem to be a thing. When a meeting has already started, there is nothing next to the Join button. Can't find the ability to see who has already joined anywhere

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Should be on the screen, I had one the other night and on the bottom of the share screen it showed everyone on unless the one who started it disallows it?

Isn't that once you have joined the meeting already though? I mean before you actually join it.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Of course. But if they have joined the meeting and it is ongoing, it would be nice to see who has already joined before we actually join

spacer.png

On 9/14/2020 at 12:04 PM, kingcool52 said:

Of course. But if they have joined the meeting and it is ongoing, it would be nice to see who has already joined before we actually join

that seems like a privacy invasion to me, depending on who is joining.