PS5 Panels

So one theory from Reddit is that the white panels on the PlayStation 5 will be interchangeable and you can then buy new colours for your console. Would this interest you? And what colours would you go for?

spacer.png

I would honestly be happy to pay whatever to get some black/dark grey panels. The white is just horrid lol

spacer.png

11 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

I would honestly be happy to pay whatever to get some black/dark grey panels. The white is just horrid lol

honestly, it doesn't look as good as it did for the Wii for some reason.

8 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

honestly, it doesn't look as good as it did for the Wii for some reason.

Maybe it's to do with the somewhat futuristic design of the PS5? Or maybe even having some of in black. I do agree that the white for the Wii looked so much better.

spacer.png

17 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

Maybe it's to do with the somewhat futuristic design of the PS5? Or maybe even having some of in black. I do agree that the white for the Wii looked so much better.

I wouldn't mind a black and blue type theme color to it. Would make it pretty neat looking.

The PS5 DualSense video that they did with a YouTuber seems to confirm that this probably won't be a thing. They said colours won't be released for a while :(

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

Panels are removable! The teardown video looked great and I'm looking forward to seeing what panels people create. Hopefully Sony do the same.

spacer.png

• 2 years later...

I was thinking of buying the black panels, as I feel they look cool, but they're a bit too pricey for me.  As someone who's upgraded the storage of his PS5, they aren't exactly the easiest thing to get on and off. They aren't overly difficult to take off, but they can be a bit of a pain and take some doing to align them  "just right" so they snap back into place.

smokeysig.png revad1.png