Recording your screen?

• Management Team

What software do you use to record your screen to make gameplay videos etc.

So which one do you use?

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• Management Team

Used many over the years. It's like tail and error and looking for the right software. Now I just use OBS and streamlabs to record. And just for gaming without the need to stream then I use shadowplay

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

On 7/18/2020 at 12:42 PM, Chief said:

Used many over the years. It's like tail and error and looking for the right software. Now I just use OBS and streamlabs to record. And just for gaming without the need to stream then I use shadowplay

Get ShareX then. I just suggested it above. It's free and really good. Easy to use and has ALOT of other options.

• Management Team

The other program that I have been using years ago when doing youtube, was mirillis action that recorded my game play :) then the classic free FRAPS Aoftware

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Before, I used OBS studio. However, when my old laptop started to become slow and OBS stopped working properly on it, I used to use one that came with Windows 10 called XBOX game bar or something. It's built in for Windows 10 so doesn't need external downloads. I think for those with NVIDIA graphics card, there is a screen recorder which you can download. Now, I use lowkey.gg. It's something you need to download but it's the best one I've had so far. You can have it automatically start recording when you startup a game or do it manually and can even edit down long games to clips in the program itself. It has minimal impact on the performance of my computer too

• 2 weeks later...

I have not made any decent YouTube videos in many years now - I guess the last time was probably when I was playing Runescape on a regular basis as that is what I would film. I cannot remember what I used to film the gameplay then but it was definitely a dodgy free alternative to the otherwise popular 'unregistered hypercam 2' that everyone at the time would use. I wish I had followed what everyone else was using as maybe I would have had more views!

• 1 month later...

I use Bandicam. The only downside to using this service to record my screen is the small watermark at the top of the video. This feature can be removed if I was to pay for a upgrade, but this isn't in the budget at the moment. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have always and will always use OBS for any screen recording as well as live streaming as well. OBS was one of the first programs I used when I started creating video game content and live streaming and it's the program I am most familiar with as well so me staying with OBS has really been a no brainer. Very easy to use and works for what I need it for.