It's a headache but some technology will break down whilst you are using them. Have you ever had problems with your tech? And how did you resolve it?

spacer.png

On 7/29/2020 at 6:02 AM, kingcool52 said:

It's a headache but some technology will break down whilst you are using them. Have you ever had problems with your tech? And how did you resolve it?

some? Please, all will eventually, give it time. But I'm in IT, its my job to figure out things and get them working, sometimes though, you nuke it and move onto something new and shiny.

Seems that Amazon/HP have got their act together. My laptop that was being repaired came back pretty quickly and I can finally use it again!

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 7:54 AM, kingcool52 said:

Seems that Amazon/HP have got their act together. My laptop that was being repaired came back pretty quickly and I can finally use it again!

yeah I noticed that in my last days of stuck in retail repair, I use to tell people it take up to a month or more, now its 1-3 weeks depending on the shipping choice. And I saw the customer's repair work order and they replaced nearly the entire thing within warranty.

Edited by Demon_skeith

I was pretty lucky actually because it was done under my warranty as well but it was ending within a few days. So I sent it in at the right time.

spacer.png

On 8/21/2020 at 1:00 PM, kingcool52 said:

I was pretty lucky actually because it was done under my warranty as well but it was ending within a few days. So I sent it in at the right time.

usually that stuff breaks one day after warranty, you really must have pushed your stuff hard :P

10 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

usually that stuff breaks one day after warranty, you really must have pushed your stuff hard :P

Yep 🤣. I was actually a dummy regarding this because the issue was there for a long time but me being lazy, I couldn't be bothered to send it in. I was lucky it became a lot worse when it did.

spacer.png

On 8/24/2020 at 12:29 PM, kingcool52 said:

Yep 🤣. I was actually a dummy regarding this because the issue was there for a long time but me being lazy, I couldn't be bothered to send it in. I was lucky it became a lot worse when it did.

never be a slacker with tech, it will always cost you.

• 7 months later...

My husband is IT so I'm pretty luck at having in house repair done when it's needed. A lot of my tech gadgets last a long time so honestly he doesn't have to do much but it's very convenient to know I can count on him to help. I think the last thing we needed was a battery replacement for my laptop and he's done thousands of those.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 6:25 PM, Lämmchen said:

My husband is IT so I'm pretty luck at having in house repair done when it's needed. A lot of my tech gadgets last a long time so honestly he doesn't have to do much but it's very convenient to know I can count on him to help. I think the last thing we needed was a battery replacement for my laptop and he's done thousands of those.

That's very lucky. Unfortunately, I'm the most technical person in the house so I have no one else to go to with help for my tech problems.

spacer.png

• 5 months later...

I am not technically inclined. Technology is made for Planned Obsolescence. It's a strategy companies use to make their gadgets become obsolete in a short time so we have to keep upgrading & buying a new product. We don't upgrade unless absolutely necessary. We also don't have much technology in the house. Don't believe in cell phones. The less we have, the less we have to take down to get fixed.