12 Month Gold Membership Removed

Ash

So the 12 month membership for Xbox Live Gold was removed recently from Microsoft stores. Some players think it is a sign that Gold is about to be free (well the online gaming aspect of it). What do you think?

spacer.png

PC doesn't pay to play online then it's natural for it to be free on console too. Think they will bump the value for Game Pass Ultimate by adding more perks and xCloud, then have a separate subscription only for those perks and xCloud to replace Live Gold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes I could not believe that when I saw it. Quite a shame they removed it. I actually was only able to buy 8 months when renewing my account time because I had an xbox gift card and not money. It's a pity they would play a money game like that with their customers. It will only lead to people buying the subscriptions other places like Amazon.

• 3 months later...

I didn't know about this, but it makes sense. Microsoft knows that the future is subscriptions so it would make sense to make multiplayer free and charge people to have access to their games.

I'd prefer that option anyway.

• 2 months later...

I know that if you are still on a subscription for it, you have access to the year listing. Once you don't renew it, it is officially off the list. I decided that downsizing the subscription wasn't worth it, and went after the Ultimate Access, as I would love to play cross system games anyways, if I have issues with my xbox.