UK Music (Rap)

UK Music - with a particular emphasis on rap - has been growing a lot now and is one of the genres that I listen the most to. I particularly enjoy their music not just in a musical sense (such as because of the beat or the instrumental) but in a lyrical sense in some cases as it highlights the problems of racism, discrimination and other issues such as drugs that unfortunately still occur in this time. Stormzy and Dave are just two I can say that have their music talk and highlight such issues in their songs. Stormzy has also been known for his philanthropist acts such as his donations to anti-racism causes and the "Stormzy scholarship" for upto 2 black students who go to Cambridge University. 

Here are some of the albums that I have enjoyed listening too. These are in no particular order/preference and I listen to and these are just a few of the many bits of UK music I listen to. 

Heavy Is the Head (album) - Wikipedia

Heavy is the Head - Stormzy: His most recent album that released in Dec 2019. I personally love Lessons, Superheros, Rainfall and Own it (no particular order).

J Hus – Big Conspiracy review: British rap star lights up his own ...

Big Conspiracy - J Hus: Also his most recent album that came out in Jan 2020. I personally like Must Be, One and Only, Deeper than Rap and Love, Peace and Prosperity. 

Dave - Psychodrama (2019, Blue, 180g, Vinyl) | Discogs

Psychodrama - Dave: Came out in Mar 2019. Black (one of my favourite), Purple Heart, Location, Voices and Disaster. 

Some other mentions include No Words (Dave),  Repeat (J Hus), Stinking Rich (MoStack), Respect and Love (MoStack) and Cold (Stormzy).

I have listened to drill before but sort of moved on from that now. This was like from last year until recently this year. Don't really listen anymore to drill :P

I'd love to hear other people's opinions on this type of music. First time listeners and those that already listen. And they don't have to be from the ones that I have already mentioned above. 

• 4 weeks later...

I love J Hus. I love some of Stormzy's and Dave's songs as well. But right now, I'm enjoying Crabs in a bucket by Nines which is on repeat since it's release

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 8:15 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I've heard Japan's rapping, but never UKs, anyone got a good song recommendation?

I would pick one from the albums I listed. I listen to Stormzy quite a lot thoug.