Runescape

22_22

In my opinion, Runescape is arguably one of the best and most popular MMORPG games available to the PC. It was released in January 2001 and is developed and published by Jagex.

Has anyone played this game? I associate it most with my childhood but I know that many people are still keen to play this game deeper into their adulthood. I used to love it in my younger years but now I have too many responsibilities to fully focus on a game like this. Instead I just tune in every now and then for that nostalgic feeling.

Played it a bit with my friends when I was younger and it was a great game. I don't think I played it as much as others though. I know a lot of people online seem to have hundreds of hours spent on the game.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

If I remember correctly, this game is what pushed me into serious gaming. What struck me was that some online communities were really successful because they were glued to each other by their common interest in Runescape and I fell a prey to it. 

It was a great game. Definitely. 

• 3 months later...

I've been playing runescape since 2003, however I only play Oldschool Runescape as the new runescape in my opinion is awful. I don't like how the game plays, I hate how you can drop a grand and get a maxed account, etc. At least with OSRS it's ran and all updates are voted by the community. My only problem now is the company was just purchased by a US company and I really fear it will change and become another cash grab game.

• 4 months later...

I've tried RunEscape multiple times, but I just could never get into it. Even back in the day when it was still fairly new, it wasn't interesting to me. I have that experience with most MMORPGs, though; after playing the original MMORPG, Ultima Online, nothing else compares.

I've played RuneScape so much over the years and always come back to it. I started playing in like 2004 I think it was. I've got the 15 year veteran cape to prove it too! I mostly play RS3 though because it's much easier to do things like skilling.

• 1 year later...

I started playing RuneScape recently and I really liked the game. I so much loved this game that I even bought "Friends of Gielinor Pack" bundle