PS5 UI

Ash

I can see where you're coming from but like you said, we will probably have to try it out first to see. It does look like there is a lot on screen but I'm sure it won't be an issue.

spacer.png

Honestly when you power it on it should give you two options (three if you have many profiles) Play game or see system options. I don't need the whole console to boot up, just to the quick play menu. Miss the days when you press power and up came the game.

10 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Honestly when you power it on it should give you two options (three if you have many profiles) Play game or see system options. I don't need the whole console to boot up, just to the quick play menu. Miss the days when you press power and up came the game.

The quick play menu is only when you power up from rest mode though isn't it? And I'm sure they will give some options to change it.

spacer.png

On 10/19/2020 at 12:27 PM, kingcool52 said:

The quick play menu is only when you power up from rest mode though isn't it? And I'm sure they will give some options to change it.

I hardly leave things in standby, I usually turn my right off when done.

6 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

But it should do it from a full power off though.

Oh ok. I completely misread your first reply lol. I thought you didn't want the quick play menu 🤣

spacer.png

20 hours ago, JoyFreak said:

Quick play menu is pretty neat. Was that there before or is that something new?

Completely new. What we used to have was just the normal home screen but this is new.

spacer.png

On 10/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, kingcool52 said:

Completely new. What we used to have was just the normal home screen but this is new.

That's pretty awesome. It can come handy definitely. I love the fact they've introduced some new things rather than just improving them.

Definitely. I'm happy that they designed something new. The Xbox consoles having the same UI is a bit boring really.

spacer.png

18 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

Definitely. I'm happy that they designed something new. The Xbox consoles having the same UI is a bit boring really.

yeah, but Xbox has that sweet start up sound going for it. I hope the PS5 can match.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be getting some more news from anyone that received a PS5 from Sony tomorrow. I'm hoping to see a lot more of the UI!

spacer.png

Watched a few videos from YouTubers who already have the PS5 and it looks amazing. Not going to watch more though as I still want to be surprised when I get my hands on the PS5

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 3:44 PM, kingcool52 said:

Watched a few videos from YouTubers who already have the PS5 and it looks amazing. Not going to watch more though as I still want to be surprised when I get my hands on the PS5

now that you played with it, how is the UI?

I love it so far. It's pretty easy to navigate and it's very quick as well. The PS4 was a pain with everything taking ages to load but that is not a problem now.

spacer.png