Put in more storage?

• Management Team
25 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

When you got or when you plan on getting your PS4, did/are you going to increase the internal storage of your PS4?

I always say to people to upgrade there storage with more space ^_^

I don't have PS4 and I'm not even thinking on getting one  

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2016 at 11:29 AM, Namoh said:

If you want to upgrade the storage you can read this tutorial

thanks, though at this time I mostly need to know how big of storage I can fit in. I would like to put in 2 TB or more.

• 1 month later...

I should've done it the second I bought my PS4, but I didn't. I'm thankful it's easy for computer n00bs like me. My main issue now will be copying all my current data over to the new harddrive.

On 4/2/2016 at 2:40 PM, Belthazar said:

I should've done it the second I bought my PS4, but I didn't. I'm thankful it's easy for computer n00bs like me. My main issue now will be copying all my current data over to the new harddrive.

should be a simple process but the amount of stuff on your HDD will determine the amount of time it will take transferring all the data.

• 3 months later...

I kept my PS4 at 500GB for almost a year. Had an external Seagate backup plus slim 1tb drive laying around, so I decided to swap those drives as I kept having to delete games from my PS4 to install new ones and updates. I put the 500GB PS4 drive into the external enclosure works great, and have double the space on PS4 for games. I'll probably end up upgrading to a 2tb at some point, but pretty happy now.

I've increased my storage like a week after buying the console about 2 years back. I've got 1TB in my PS4. It's enough for most of my PS4 gaming needs as I play most of my 3rd person shooters on Xbox anyway. I usually play my PS4 for it's exclusives and PS2 classics, things like that. 

smokeysig.png revad1.png

• 1 year later...

I didn't upgrade the internal storage but as they now allow external harddrives I have a big external harddrive which stores all of my games on it. I don't have to worry about space at all now. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't play that many games at the same time and when I get new games, I don't tend to play the old games much so I just end up deleting some to make new space. I haven't bothered to try and get something to expand the storage on my PS4. Crazy to think that 500GB is a small amount nowadays

spacer.png