Created your own game?

Xyphien

I have not created the game as of now but I have an option to choose between the proper gaming engine. As of now I am struggling with the two frameworks. 

GDevelop - This framework is pretty good but requires some level of understanding for the proper games. 

Godot Engine - This is a good framework for those who want to make some big games. 

So I am going to try two of them and see where it goes. 

• 1 month later...
  • Management Team

Java is slow, C# is garbage, only a noob would use -insert non-trendy programming language here, who cares? If you are comfortable with a language and enjoy using it then use it. The big thing people overlook is development time. If you can whip something up in unity or gamemaker or some other engine in a few days/weeks instead of spending MONTHS trying to get your custom C++ engine even started then you're probably better doing that at least for your first few projects.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I've always wanted to build my own game but never got around to it. I did create a few games as school projects, the latest being a platformer using Java for a uni assignment. Nothing too fancy of course

spacer.png

• 4 months later...

I haven't yet created my own games, but I have modified web based games and made them my own over the years. Modifying some of those web based games can be just as complicated, as you do not want to accidentally edit something that is tied to the database, without knowing what will happen because of it.

• 5 months later...

I'm planning on making a PC game with Unreal.  It's free with Epic Games.  Looks really cool and there's tonnes of free content you can download and use!

[SIZE=4][URL='https://session9.net']Session 9 Asylum[/URL] ~ Reality is only perception, but how do you know what you perceive is real?[/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)][SIZE=4]~PM me for an invite code~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...

I've not created my own game aside from probably some simply Basic (the language) ones in middle school (very late 80s/early 90s).  Well, I may have made some JavaScript ones later.   Anyway, I did buy a book on game creation along time ago, but just never put the time into it.

I've made a few games myself using JavaScript that I have on my website. They're not very complex or in-depth games but they're just a bit of fun to develop and a means of teaching myself how to make things. It means I can make more and more complex games as I improve over time.