What's your favorite Nintendo Console?

Xyphien

As the title suggests, what is your favorite Nintendo console? It can be modern, or old. Why is that your favorite?

For me it has to be the SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) and quickly followed by the Gameboy SP. I own around 50 SNES games and I still play them quite frequently. I enjoy the amount of titles on the system, as well as the replayability of the games. Same thing with the Gameboy SP, you're able to play every title from Gameboy to Advance, and it was the first handheld with a built in backlight which revolutionized hand held gaming.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite console would definitely have to be the Nintendo Switch if your talking Nintendo. Then again, the gamecube was a really good console. I guess it's because the latest and greatest is usually what I like the best. I also liked the original Nintendo DS a lot as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I really enjoyed my gameboy but that was so long ago I don't really remember it much.

I really liked the Wii though, especially in the heights of Wii Sports, that was loads of fun.

• 1 month later...

I went back to the game boy color in the summer of 2020, and let me tell you that I have no regrets. Second favorite would probably be the 2Ds.

• 4 weeks later...

My favourite Nintendo console is a bit of a tie between the SNES and the N64.  I adore the original NES, but the SNES and the 64 brought about some truly revolutionary games and have fantastic libraries.  I think I'd give the edge more to the SNES, but they're both absolutely amazing consoles.  The Switch is also a good console that could be my favourite, it's a unique console with a diverse library of fun games, so it's really up there in my list of favourites!

• 4 weeks later...

I  am not a Ninetendo favourite, but I've played FIFA 19 via Ninetendo switch the feelings back then was great around the video game console cos it has amazing gameplay just as play station has. 

• 2 weeks later...

We only had Nintendo & preferred the NES system. To me, it was a simplistic design that reminded me of Atari back in the day. Plus what drove us to buy that particular system was what games they offered. Tetris, Dr. Mario, Tetris Attack to name a few. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I would pick the Wii because that's the most advanced one I've owned. However, I'm sure the Switch is better and I can't wait to buy it.

Anyway, I have tried the Switch, but not enough to make opinions on it.

Edited by Jason76

• 3 months later...

The Super Nintendo was my most memorable system when I was a kid/teen. I enjoyed that system so much. I did get the n64 when it came out and it was a huge step up, but then I got sidetracked. I had to work, and was more interested in music, partying, and girls, so video games took a back seat.

Years later when my kids were 'wee' little, I got a Wii and was very impressed with it. I remember playing Mario using the motion activated nunchuck controller looking things. It was a blast. However, I still had to work and the kids played it more than I did.

Right now they all have Switches. There's literally 3 in the house. I've played a little Super Mario Wonder on it this last week when I had some downtime but that's it.