Ubuntu or Mint Linux - which one would you choose?

I have been using the Ubuntu linux for years. And my experience with the Ubuntu is pretty good. I know for sure that Mint Linux is another one popular Linux out there. But the thing is that people use what they like. So we can't really say which is better than another. So I want to know in between these two which one would be your choice for the Linux distro. 

Do you use Ubuntu or Mint?

• Management Team

They are really fairly similar under the hood. The major differences for a new user will revolve more around the desktop experience in my estimation.

The cinnamon desktop that comes stock with Mint is probably a little more intuitive for someone coming from Windows compared to the Gnome desktop that comes on the current version of Ubuntu. On the other hand, there are many more official "flavors," or desktop choices to choose from within the Ubuntu family compared to the options offered by Mint (Xubuntu, Kubuntu or Ubuntu Mate, for example). Honestly, though, if you are asking to decide which to install, just try booting both from USB and try them out for a few minutes each and see which one you gravitate towards more. While there are differences, I think they mostly come down to subjective preference. Once you are comfortable in one, it will be easy to switch to the other if you aren't satisfied.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I will go with Ubuntu rather than Mint. But now i am using Solus OS and it super cool. I wanted to try Ubuntu Budgie though.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't even realise there were different versions out there. The only one I have had experience with is Ubuntu Linux to be fair so that's what I would pick again if I had to.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I use Ubuntu, mainly because I dont really need any of the changes that Mint does. I just dont see that many stand out features of Mint over normal ubuntu these days, In the past there were bigger differences and some justification to use Mint.