Do you use your phone for recording purpose?

I don't use my phone for that purpose.
Sometimes though, when I just can't use my screen recorder, I try to go with my phone. So, anyway, do you guys use phone to record stuff for your YouTube videos? If so, is that your preferred method of recording?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management Team

My phone that I have at the moment is no good for recording (crap in fact), but my new phone that I'm going to be getting in April (once it's released) does 4K 60hz recording :) 

season 1 episode 3 GIF

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 month later...

Unless you are streaming a mobile game directly to the streaming platform, I wouldn't really use a phone for recording. It would just be too inconvenient and annoying to handle.

spacer.png

• 1 year later...

I do use my phone for recording purposes but it's usually only for say TikTok content at the moment. I wouldn't say that I use my phone for any other recording purposes unless it is for personal use and videos of family or pets that I keep for my own personal use. With me having a PC capable of running OBS and a capture card, most of my gaming content recording is done from my PC.

• 3 months later...

I like using the video recorder for this instead of my phone. I have plans to buy a better phone and maybe when I do, I can use it for this purpose. 

• 3 months later...

Yep I film all my unboxing videos using my iPhone XR! I don't own a standalone camera currently, so it's the next best thing. iPhones do have great cameras, I do want to get an actual camera in the future so I can make higher quality videos.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use my phone when it comes to recording things or YouTube videos or even for things such as TikTok, YouTube shorts or even Facebook Reels. 

I either use clips that I create after I have streamed or I record from my PC using OBS and then create videos and clips from that. 

The only video camera I have is on my mobile phone. I not only use my phone to record random personal videos but also record videos that I upload on various platforms. I also use my phone to create short videos and upload on video sharing platform. I have a mid-range mobile phone, so my video quality is average.