Router Recommendations

If you recently bought a new router or know of any good ones, what would you recommend? Our router is probably at the end of its life but it's slowly hanging on. I know we will need a new one but have no idea what we should look for in our next router. We currently have an ASUS but used to have LinkSys before that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

Depands on the factors :) 

1. Does your IPS allows you to have your own gear or you have to use that they send to you
  2. What's What's your purpose and use, heavy or light.
  3. Into gaming and streaming, so upload and download and speeds is what you after.
  4. Cost factor. Your budget does help

For me I went all out and brought my router worth $500 that has all your gaming needs 😜 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Asus RT-AX88U and I really like it. I can't speak for gaming much on it but I use and have tested WiFi 6 on the 5GHz band and it is super fast and stable, just don't run it at full power mode. It's more reliable on a lesser power.

• Management Team
On 5/16/2021 at 4:56 AM, HolisticStorm said:

I'm using an Asus AX5300 router. I'm very happy with it so far. The firmware is the best that I've used.

You mean the Asus AC5300 ;) Well, guess what?

ME TOO

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 11 months later...

Oh this is very helpful! We usually just get something at Best Buy. We have asked salespeople for their opinions but sometimes they may be quite biased as they want a sale. Word of mouth recommendations are always welcomed. I'll keep the factors listed here as well as the brands in mind.

• 4 weeks later...

I have Asus provided by the ISP. I think they have pretty decent routers and also they last always on option that I have been using for years. I think for 1 year it can sustain.