• Bugbear Entertainment Ltd.
  • Publisher

• Bugbear Entertainment Ltd.
    • THQ Nordic
  • Themes

• Motorsports
  • Released

• About

A spiritual successor to the Flatout franchise being worked on by Bugbear Entertainment.

Wreckfest

About

A spiritual successor to the Flatout franchise being worked on by Bugbear Entertainment.

Description

Wreckfest is an Early-Access title available on PC through Steam. The pre-alpha build currently available contains two cars, two circuit tracks and a demolition derby arena. The player can battle the AI in events ranging from 2 to 24 cars. The game is heavily focused on destructible vehicles and objects.

Early adopters also receive access to the "Technology Sneak Peek 2.0", which is a separate application. It gives players the ability to drive around a wide-open area featuring various car-destroying obstacles, such as ramps, grinding machines, and a giant hammer. The player can also enable various projectile-type objects that can be launched at other cars and structures.

Screenshots

This page uses the giant bomb API.

Has anyone tried this game before? It was available for free for PS Plus subscribers this month and I am loving it so far. It's really fun and looks great!

spacer.png

Every play games like Forza and find yourself rear-ending the hell out of the car in front of you because it's so much easier and more fun then using your brakes in the turns? Boy do I have a game for you!

Wreckfest is absolutely brilliant, a definite 10 stars in my book. It's a genuinely fun game with replay value, this isn't something you're going to play for an hour then never touch again. It has great steering "feel" and smashing (see what I did there) physics, but at the end of the day there is a real racing feel and you have to actually try to win and use more strategy then just running people off the road. The vehicle selection is great! You can race ratty old muscle cars, lawnmowers, RVs, you name it. In a world where $59.99 seems to be the industry standard price to buy a game, Wreckfest is $39.99 which is a super cool move by the developer. You're getting a lot of game for $40, trust me. As someone who owns a full library of $500+ worth of popular racing games, I'm finding myself over and over again reaching for my $39 copy of Wreckfest. Seriously, pull the trigger and buy a copy, you won't regret it! Wreckfest delivers a lot of smiles per gallon!

Agree with you 100%. I love how it feels to steer in the game and like you said, you really do have to be strategic because simply bumping into others isn't going to help much. The game runs extremely well on the PS5 as well

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

I really need to get this game, ever week I always watching YouTube videos and whatnot on the things that you can do and add mods. I just never seen the right price. 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

20 hours ago, EmpireKicking said:

I really need to get this game, ever week I always watching YouTube videos and whatnot on the things that you can do and add mods. I just never seen the right price. 

What kind of mods have you seen for it so far? It's a pretty good game without any extra stuff added to it, the only issue for me is that sometimes there aren't enough people playing multiplayer.

spacer.png

• Management Team
2 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

What kind of mods have you seen for it so far? It's a pretty good game without any extra stuff added to it, the only issue for me is that sometimes there aren't enough people playing multiplayer.

Mostly differnt car mods ;) I mean cars and trucks that you can download and add and drive :) 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

Ah okay. I'll have to check them out just to see what cars can be added. The selection at the moment in the base game aren't that great really so I can see why people would mod more cars.

spacer.png