Entry level PC build

This might be quite a difficult question to answer, but is there a good entry level way to start building your own PC? It's something I've always wanted to have a go at but due to knowledge and money I've never gotten started. Is there a good way to get into doing it?

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, Puppuccino said:

This might be quite a difficult question to answer, but is there a good entry level way to start building your own PC? It's something I've always wanted to have a go at but due to knowledge and money I've never gotten started. Is there a good way to get into doing it?

I am not that expert about PC builds and configurations. I have Intel i5 7th gen processor, along with 8GB ddr4 RAM. Nvidia 2GB GPU. 

I have no issues with games like GTA V or Assassin's creed valhalla. 😊

Edited by Razor1911

• Management Team

Building systems for the first time and not knowing can be hard, trying to know where and what cables go and worrying about if they will explode. Having that knowledge helps, even if you watch YouTube videos. I have been lucky to be able to take classes and did my I.C.T and learn a lot about PCs, however, technology is growing too fast at times. I built my own system more than once, I even had an old system back 20 years ago that I have taken apart and built it up again with new or older parts. I even did Laptops for fun and taken them fully apart and then add new hardware or replace screens. TO me it's easy and fast and I know what I'm doing. Hard part is waiting on installing all software and games on a clean install.

I got into it when I had my first PC and then want to school and like how the tech works, I like the hardware more then the software. I wish it does not cost a bomb for hardware parts though :P 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I mean once you know what you are doing, I would recommend buying your PC piece by piece. You can end up saving money this way as different parts tend to go on sale at different times. Most PC building is straight forward. You just connect a few wires, make sure everything is where it is meant to be and screw it in place, and then... organize wires. That is probably the hardest part honestly lol

• 2 weeks later...

From what my older brother has mentioned to me about getting a custom made computer, is that a good portion of the hardware you end up purchasing, has to be compatible with the motherboard that goes best with it. Buying incompatible parts will increase the cost of repair and replacement in the future, due to lack of proper compatibility. Plus there is always the power issue. Even if you get all compatible parts, you need to take into consideration the total power that is needed for it. Sometimes it is better to go with a power supply that has a higher output, as that will allow you to replace the hardware in the future, as things start slowing down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team
On 8/23/2021 at 5:30 AM, Joshua Farrell said:

From what my older brother has mentioned to me about getting a custom made computer, is that a good portion of the hardware you end up purchasing, has to be compatible with the motherboard that goes best with it. Buying incompatible parts will increase the cost of repair and replacement in the future, due to lack of proper compatibility. Plus there is always the power issue. Even if you get all compatible parts, you need to take into consideration the total power that is needed for it. Sometimes it is better to go with a power supply that has a higher output, as that will allow you to replace the hardware in the future, as things start slowing down.

Been building and repairing systems for a long time and never really had compatible problems then again, if you know what you are doing all good then 😜 POwer, just get more than you needed, like My system doesn't eat up 500 watts, and so I pick up 850 watts to be on the safe side. Nowadays you can buy bundles with Ram, CPU, cooler and board packed up already for you. Most GPUs from old to new will work with most hardware anyway. Just got into PCI4 and PCI3 will be around for much longer, plus most works on both PCI3 and PCI4

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it is just for me but building PC is quite easy,I learned building pc through some of youtube videos like LinusTechTips or sites like PCbuilder and similar sites.

• 5 months later...
  • Management Team
On 9/26/2021 at 9:36 AM, armintd said:

Maybe it is just for me but building PC is quite easy,I learned building pc through some of youtube videos like LinusTechTips or sites like PCbuilder and similar sites.

YouTube videos can help, but in terms, I say go and have a class. I always wanted to get into PC building and I learn and taught myself. Until I did my ICT in college when I learn to allot and did it by hand with other people, we did not watch video thought. 

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

Whoa, I totally forgot that I even made this thread so long ago! Well it turns out that I did in fact build my first ever PC earlier this year. I bought all the components and assembled it myself without ever having done it before. I definitely had some trouble with it but I'm glad I did it. It runs really well too.

• 1 month later...
  • Management Team
On 3/24/2022 at 3:11 PM, Puppuccino said:

Whoa, I totally forgot that I even made this thread so long ago! Well it turns out that I did in fact build my first ever PC earlier this year. I bought all the components and assembled it myself without ever having done it before. I definitely had some trouble with it but I'm glad I did it. It runs really well too.

That's cool, it's a way to learn it yourself by doing it yourself. I'm guessing that you want easy fan cooling rather than water cooling. What did you end up getting then, what are your system specifications and hardware parts?

I always buy parts and build PCs myself, been doing it for years now. It's fun and I do enjoy it but I do not do it for the poop of being fun, more like knowing the cost point of view and I know what will go wrong as I know that I built it myself. 

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

• 1 year later...

Yes, there are budget-friendly DIY PC kits available with step-by-step instructions. You can also watch video tutorials and join online communities for guidance. Researching compatible components and comparing prices can help you save money. Starting small and gradually upgrading is a good approach. Happy building!

AJ