Thoughts on mobile gaming

Does anyone play mobile based games at all? By that I mean like games from an App Store on your phone?

I've always tried to find games to play but have never found one that has hooked me into playing long term though. I think my favourite one I've played is Angry Birds Space but I've always lost interested in mobile games after a short while.

What's it like for you?

I do actually play some mobile games. Mostly games like Candy Crush, Hogwarts: A Mystery, Pokémon Go, and Among Us. I use to play Angry Birds way back in the day when it first came out. I end up finding games that look cool and I try them out only to find out you have to spend money to get anywhere. That annoys me.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't play mobile games too much anymore because I just don't have that much interest in them. The only game I play at the moment is Clash Royale and even with that, it's become a bit boring recently.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have played mobile based games such as Call of Duty mobile but just can never be the same if it's not from a PC or console. Bluestacks gives you the ability to play free mobile games on your PC but you can get banned for it so I didn't go that route. I wish they would allow you to because it's so much better then playing on such a small screen.

17 hours ago, TopSilver said:

I have played mobile based games such as Call of Duty mobile but just can never be the same if it's not from a PC or console. Bluestacks gives you the ability to play free mobile games on your PC but you can get banned for it so I didn't go that route. I wish they would allow you to because it's so much better then playing on such a small screen.

It can't be same actually. Just like I have played PUBG in my mobile as well as PC. PC version is much more realistic and well featured than mobile version. That is acceptable also because of the specification  constraints in mobiles. 

• 2 years later...

I wouldn't say I am a fan of mobile gaming, however, I play games on my mobile phone and I really like it. There are two reasons why I play games on my mobile phone, one, I can play games outdoors, even when I am traveling or waiting in a cafe, and two, I can relax on my  bed while playing.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say that I tend to play games on my phone as much as I would play games on say my Xbox but I have been known to play games on my phone. 

The last game I played that I spent a lot of time on was Harvest Land, I had a lot of fun with that game but once I got a free trial of a premium upgrade that kind of messed my game up as it meant the only way I could continue to play the game would be to keep subscribing to the premium upgrade and I was not willing to do that. 

Honestly the only mobile game I still play to this day is Pokemon Go. I'm a die hard Pokemon fan, and I have fun catching Pokemon. I don't go out and do raids as much as I used to though, but I do try to keep my catching streak up by catching at least one Pokemon a day. I used to play Sonic Dash a bit too, but I haven't played it in a long time.

I'm primarily a PC gamer but I've been playing mobile games as well since past 7 years. My favorite games to play on mobile are PUBG Mobile and Mobile Legends Bang Bang. I've been pretty good at them. Love playing them!

Edited by Debashis

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

I play a lot of silly games at work on my phone, when I found out osrs was a mobile game now I played that every now and then too, it ran really well and I was quite impressed with it.

Im wondering where mobile gaming we’ll be next year with Apples big claim of the iPhone 15 being the best gaming console I’m hoping to see an impressive line up of mobile games coming.

I probably play more mobile games than anything else at the minute as it’s just so easy. My phone is never far away. It’s convenient, I guess, to just pick up and play. 
I tend to play the kind of games I wouldn’t normally entertain. Side scrollers, or casual management types. Currently my time-sink is Mob Control. Simple but stupidly addictive. 

They actually have good games (Raid Shadow Legends is a great example), but they are so over monetized that they are impractical to play.  I'm quite okay with spending $10 a paycheck or something on a game that brings me a lotbof enjoyment, but $10 in most mobile games results in like 1/5 of a purchase.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 2 weeks later...

I think mobile gaming has declined a lot, or maybe I'm just not interested in them anymore. My favourite mobile game of all time is Clash Royale - I have spent hundreds of hours on that game. In its prime it was so fun to play tbf.

For me, I don't get to play so many video games on my smartphone today. I can say that it's only one video game that I play on my mobile phone now and it's a Football Manager game called Top Eleven Football Manager. I have played the game for 7 years now. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management Team
I genuinely think the potential is there for console-worthy gaming experiences (think GameCube level, not current-gen) if designers would only adopt new paradigms of input instead of thinking in terms of gamepad/keyboard-mouse. The way the market has gone is squandering this potential.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you like racing games, Asphalt 9 Legends is a good game to play on your mobile. I play the game on my Android phone. The game might be too heavy for some devices but if your device supports the game, Genshin Impact is also a good mobile game.

• 2 months later...

I’m a fan of gaming on the go. When I’m in transit to or from work I like to keep myself busy with games on my phone. I mostly play NFS  and FIFA. 

On 9/29/2023 at 8:14 PM, Excommunicado said:

I think mobile gaming has declined a lot, or maybe I'm just not interested in them anymore. My favourite mobile game of all time is Clash Royale - I have spent hundreds of hours on that game. In its prime it was so fun to play tbf.

Clash Royale was good and one of my favourite mobile games then. Another one that I really enjoyed playing till now is Top Eleven Football manager that is doing well at developing every now and then. 

• 2 months later...

Asphalt 9 Legends is my favourite racing game on mobile phone. I also enjoy a bit of Call of Duty Mobile as well. Although, it's mostly Mortal Kombat I'm playing heavily now on my smartphone.