Windows 11 Thoughts?

What is everyone thoughts on Windows 11? 

I personally cannot get it unless if i can find some work around since my PC is a 6 gen CPU which i'm surprised it didn't meet the requirements because its still a very good computer and it does the job perfectly fine but i'm interested to see what everyone else's thoughts are!

• 1 month later...

No idea. I use Linux like a posh snob lol

I stopped using Windows 2 years ago because of privacy concerns. I still have Windows 10 on my laptop but I seldom use it. I am likely just going to install Linux on that as well. In terms of how the new Windows looks... It looks like Linux and Apple had a baby and sold it at Walmart. It is not good imo.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:31 PM, Fait said:

What is everyone thoughts on Windows 11? 

I personally cannot get it unless if i can find some work around since my PC is a 6 gen CPU which i'm surprised it didn't meet the requirements because its still a very good computer and it does the job perfectly fine but i'm interested to see what everyone else's thoughts are!

I'm in the same boat as you. My gaming PC is still a beast, but it won't be able to upgrade to Windows 11 - and frankly, I don't really care that much. I'll use it as my gaming PC till it dies on me. But my laptop is newer and I'll definitely upgrade that one to Windows 11 when it becomes available. 

So far it looks good.  Seems like W10, but better, so that is really good!  I was at first disappointed about all of the hardware limits, but the more I see issues with W10, I can't help but feel like Microsoft has taken a huge amount of heat for security and compatibility issues that probably have a lot to do with trying to get Windows to work on everything.

Now that the modern world requires so much cyber security and the fact that those security measures don't seem to be helping a lot of companies, this almost seems like a forced move for W11.  Plus W10 is still going to be fully supported for years (and likely well after the deadline), so I don't see much of an issue.  Hopefully it will help a bit for security as we seem to need it.  Although it probably won't stop companies that hold vast amounts of data or vital tasks from continuing to use 15 year old systems with whatever OS came on the machine to avoid spending money.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 1 month later...

Having tried it out thanks to the Windows Insider program, I have to say, it's pretty cool and runs pretty well on my laptop. Hopefully they ease the requirements because technically I can't run it at launch I think.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We’re not ones who upgrade just to upgrade. I finally am getting used to Windows 10. I’m not interested in 11 yet. We’ll upgrade when we have to. They always have so many issues at the beginning. I rather they fix the bugs as that’s less stress on me lol

• 7 months later...
  • Management Team

Win11 is fine. Performance and functionality are good, and the interface and sounds are a nice modern refresh from the ageing Win10 look. It's half-baked though because of the mix-up of dialogue box types and older programs. It's honestly pathetic Microsoft hasn't removed all the old stuff and added the new UI across everything in the OS. This is the biggest misstep IMO. Overall it's a good update and I wouldn't bother going back to Win10 because of some minor complaints.

It's a thing about MS. They never remove stuff. It's very likely due to legal contracts with enterprise customers they need to keep backwards compatibility not only with some outdated software systems but also keep old UIs in place so that some old system admins would be able to still do stuff the way they learned some 10 years ago when they acquired some windows admin certificate.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 year later...

I am currently using Windows 11 on my laptop at the moment and even though in the beginning I had to get used to it, I am really enjoying Windows 11 and what it has to offer. 

I have heard that Windows 12 is coming very soon so I am curious to see what that has to offer too.