Beginner Advice

What advice would people give to someone who is just starting out in having their own forum? Are there any tips & tricks that help the process go smoothly? My forum is over a year old & I find I’m always learning new things. While I doubt I’ll be good at coding, just don’t have the knack, I do enjoy having a forum. 

• 2 months later...

I would say don't give up too soon. A lot of people envision high memberships at the start and when that doesn't happen they feel frustrated and close the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't give up and always follow your passions.  Forums are a hard sell in 2021 and the days of being the dominate online communication platform have long passed.  But forums are absolutely still a thing and if it brings any hope, it sounds like the newer generations are not the biggest fan of social media, so perhaps a second wind is coming.  Although either way, there are still more than enough people out there to have a thriving forum, you just have to find them.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy the process, don't make it about the work - aim to communicate/interact with your members and try to aim for quality conversations. It's too easy to get caught up in the designing and structure/layout side of things. It's the content/community that really matters in my opinion so definitely prioritize engaging with your members above all else. 

• 2 months later...