Does Anyone Collect Video Games?

Do we have any collectors here?  I've loved to collect since I was young, so I've naturally amassed a pretty decent size collection, stemming from the Atari 2600 all the way up to the Xbox Series X, PS4 and Switch.  I love collecting and I love physical copies of games over digital, though I obviously embrace the digital games, as well.  There's just something so great about looking at shelves full of games and knowing you could pick up any of them and get a wealth of enjoyment out of them.

Does anyone else collect?

• 4 weeks later...

Once I was a video game collector when I was in college. I remember buying CDs and DVDs of games and keep them on the shelves. Myself shelves remain full by hundreds of such CDs. 

But now a days, since everything has gone digital, I too buy from online sites like steam or epic. I do collect now also, but I keep them on external hard drives.

I never tried buying from Epic nor steam before, nor Amazon when it comes to video game purchase online. Simply because, the delivery time scale will be delayed, I buy from a local store called jumia.ng. 

On 10/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, Sincerem said:

I never tried buying from Epic nor steam before, nor Amazon when it comes to video game purchase online. Simply because, the delivery time scale will be delayed, I buy from a local store called jumia.ng. 

Oh I see. So they deliver the games door to door? Most of the times, I purchase games from local games shops. Atleast it's fast and reliable. I can even replace the games if the games were not good enough .

I also ordered some games from Amazon. But after steam and Epic are providing some attractive deals, I tend to prefer these sites now a days. 

• 2 weeks later...

We used to collect as well. Not just to keep up on a shelf but they were used for our Nintendo NES. We got a good deal off of ebay. Found several that were remakes of classic Atari games. They were more fun to play back in the day as now the graphics don't hold a candle to newer games. But, it was still enjoyable to reminisce. 

• 3 months later...

I used to love the idea of collecting all consoles and displaying them in such a way we can enjoy a theatre room but... I imagine a lot of them would just collect dust so I'm not so crazy about the idea anymore. I don't mind admiring others' collections though. I love seeing how people go as far as having dedicated display cases for their action figures from video games.

• 4 weeks later...

I started playing Minecraft in 2016 and then added few more games like Roblox, PUBG, Fortnite, etc. I wouldn't consider myself a game collector but it is also true that I rarely uninstall the game that  have purchased or enjoyed playing.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't collect.  However, I'd like to get into it.  Anyway, it shouldn't be very expensive, as older games are dirt cheap.   However, collecting them might not be the same as playing all of them.  It would be tough to find time to play a collection of games.  Nonetheless, if I own them, I'd want to play at least once.