Do You Utilize a VPN?

Do you make use of a VPN to encrypt your internet traffic?  If so, what is your VPN of choice?

For me, personally, I use OpenVPN through an AWS instance, but I'm going to go back to PIA/Private Internet Access when I can afford to.  Had to stop because my funding is limited, and while OpenVPN works just fine for what it is, I prefer a less bodged-together approach to VPN.

Our new computer comes with McAfee’s. I tried it a few times but it prevented me from accessing many sites & forums, including my own. If anybody knows of how to fix that, I would love to utilize their safety features.

One I had looked into before was NordVPN. Since I use DuckDuckGo search engine, I learned of their TunnelBear. As that page says: "Recommended by a duck, protected by a bear!"

It’s annoying though that we DO have to continually use things like this in order to be safe on the internet. I guess I think of it just like any other insurance. Pain to have, but definitely needed.

17 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

Our new computer comes with McAfee’s. I tried it a few times but it prevented me from accessing many sites & forums, including my own. If anybody knows of how to fix that, I would love to utilize their safety features.

One I had looked into before was NordVPN. Since I use DuckDuckGo search engine, I learned of their TunnelBear. As that page says: "Recommended by a duck, protected by a bear!"

It’s annoying though that we DO have to continually use things like this in order to be safe on the internet. I guess I think of it just like any other insurance. Pain to have, but definitely needed.

NordVPN's a decent option, for sure!  TunnelBear, they used to be good, but it's been years since I've actually tinkered with it.  Private Internet Access / PIA is my preferred option.

I'd steer clear of basically anything McAfee, honestly, I question their stance on privacy.

I don't normally use VPN accessing site, because I don't see much reasons there since I have nothing serious that will warrant the use of VPN, I simply stay cool no need for VPN now. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have Windscribe VPN installed on my desktop and mobile. They have pretty good US netflix VPN and also some of the other external media channels access and they don't disconnect. So I feel it's a good program.

• 1 year later...

I have used VPNs in the past for different reasons but at the moment I have not needed to use a VPN. In the past, I used to use Hola. 

I have looked into others as I know it is a good way to protect you.