Are There Too Many Online Stores Now? Market Dilluted?

It used to be Steam, the main option, the big dog, etc.  They had great sales, great options, etc.  Then we started to see online sellers, Epic, GOG, GMG, etc.  Then the Steam sales started to become less impressive, less frequent and the other platforms started to match them, same products, unique products, similar sales.  Now they all feel more or less the same as one another, different gimmicks and whatnot, but essentially the same.

Are there too many options now, is the market too diluted for there to be a decent game selling platform? 

On 9/27/2021 at 11:16 AM, PGen98 said:

It used to be Steam, the main option, the big dog, etc.  They had great sales, great options, etc.  Then we started to see online sellers, Epic, GOG, GMG, etc.  Then the Steam sales started to become less impressive, less frequent and the other platforms started to match them, same products, unique products, similar sales.  Now they all feel more or less the same as one another, different gimmicks and whatnot, but essentially the same.

Are there too many options now, is the market too diluted for there to be a decent game selling platform? 

I don't think that it is really an issue. The more platforms we have,  they will have more competition among themselves to attract the customers. Hence we will get better deals in various platforms.

Otherwise, having one single source may sometime create Monopoly in the market. The more option we have, the better it is for us. 😁

Their are so many of the online stores to buy video games from, and all of them are simply competitive enough. I use the one which is closer to me to purchase PS4 games. 

On 10/3/2021 at 7:44 AM, Sincerem said:

Their are so many of the online stores to buy video games from, and all of them are simply competitive enough. I use the one which is closer to me to purchase PS4 games. 

Yes and that competitive market is beneficial for the gamers. More the competition, better will be quality and less will be monopoly. Since we have many platforms from where we can purchase games, definitely we will buy from the site which provides better deals.

• 2 weeks later...

There's so many pros & cons here. One, it's good to have more options to choose from so people can shop around for what they want, the best price, etc. Two, having too many options can be a downfall as people spend so much time doing said shopping, they don't have enough time to play a game!