Have you ever thought to create a game?

If so, what would it be about? While I am honestly not good at bells & whistles on a forum, doing themes, or graphics, I do like learning. Even if I cannot implement it lol So I’m curious, how does one go about creating a game? Are there certain apps you need to download? Some games I see have great graphics where it looks so real. I wonder how they do that. Is it based on an individual’s talent or the software they would download? 

I actually tried my hands on developing some games. There are majorly 2 gaming engines where you can build your game, namely unreal engine and Unity. I learnt some 3D making in unreal engine. It is very tough to create a game than it seems. 

I had created similar game like angry birds, but I was not able to fix some physics properties, So never able to launch the app officially.

I thought about that, bought at the moment I got no firepower or skill in app development. But I am not ruling myself out in the future for that, I'll still consider making a game. 

On 10/3/2021 at 7:45 AM, Sincerem said:

I thought about that, bought at the moment I got no firepower or skill in app development. But I am not ruling myself out in the future for that, I'll still consider making a game. 

I bet you, it's one of the toughest job for a beginner. I know some coding, and little bit of 3d Art producing. Than also it took me more than 4 months just to develop a single game like angry bird. 

It's not a cakewalk at all. And even with so much of struggle you create your own game, there is very low possibility to create income with that, the competition is so high. 🙄

• 1 month later...

I once got my hands on a software that allows you to create your own RPG game. I realized quickly how involved it is to create a game. Designing a single room can literally take more than an hour if you don't already have a vision in mind. Aside from designing you also need think about a good story line/dialogue. It is a lot of work. This is mainly why I don't mind paying $60 for a brand new game, so much time, energy, and man power goes into developing a game - I think it's totally worth the money.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to be honest. I'm more of a player than a creator.

It's really hard to do one, I prefer to play video-games and find 'bugs' or 'suggestions' that would improve the game, but I wouldn't be able to create one :D 

• 2 months later...

I am not a programmer, if I was, I would be definitely building games.  I play Roblox. Roblox is a platform that allows you to build your own game. I have not tried creating games but I have a desire to create game on Roblox.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a book about it in the 2000s.  Nonetheless, I didn't keep with it.   Anyway, it seems like a very interesting and fun project.   Maybe I will get back into it.   Anyway, it will take time to get back into computer programming, in general.   Well, how much programming is needed to use game making software?  Well, with forum or blog software, you don't need to know any programming.