Who still plays OldSchool Games?

I'm an old school gamer, I own a SNES, and I currently have my Gamboy SP here on deployment with Pokemon Crystal. I'm trying to beat that so I can play Pokemon Sapphire and move onto Golden Sun. That being said, who here still plays old school games and greatly enjoys them?

5 hours ago, Xyphien said:

I'm an old school gamer, I own a SNES, and I currently have my Gamboy SP here on deployment with Pokemon Crystal. I'm trying to beat that so I can play Pokemon Sapphire and move onto Golden Sun. That being said, who here still plays old school games and greatly enjoys them?

I had a DS when I was deployed, and I had an emulator on a little tablet with a bluetooth controller that I bought  in Ireland on the way to Afghanistan.  The emulator with the controller was unbeatable.

1 minute ago, awebnerd said:

I had a DS when I was deployed, and I had an emulator on a little tablet with a bluetooth controller that I bought  in Ireland on the way to Afghanistan.  The emulator with the controller was unbeatable.

I enjoyed the DS, but Advance and color games are more my style xD A bit off topic but what branch did/do you serve in?

Just now, Xyphien said:

I enjoyed the DS, but Advance and color games are more my style xD A bit off topic but what branch did/do you serve in?

One of my all time favorite games was Zelda: Link's Awakening on gameboy.  Mostly because of nostalgia because I can remember playing it when I was little and supposed to be going to bed.

Army, 19D.  You?  

Just now, awebnerd said:

One of my all time favorite games was Zelda: Link's Awakening on gameboy.  Mostly because of nostalgia because I can remember playing it when I was little and supposed to be going to bed.

Army, 19D.  You?  

Nostalgia is one of the greatest things in my opinion xD

Hooah, Army, 25B :D 

• Management Team

I hear from allot of people that they still like the old wolfenstein  PC games. I played wolfenstein the new order and it was and great game and love to get the old copy's. other then that I still have Battlefield 1949 and BF2 from 2005.

Do you found that old games are way better then the new? 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I still play older games from time to time.  For example, I have quite a collection of Virtual Console games on my 3DS, and those are all games for the original Game Boy or Game Boy Color.

And I also play ROM hacks and emulated games, which are at least based on engines that are 20 or so years old at this point.

Owner of Wario Forums and Gaming Reinvented and long time Nintendo fan.  If you want to add me as a friend on 3DS, my friend code is 3067-7946-8593

• 4 months later...

Its honestly mostly what I play. In fact right now playing through Lunar the Silver Star for Sega CD.

Once in a great while I'll play a new game, but when I do bother to play games most likely its an older one. Usually either Sega CD or PS, or PS2 most often.

• 1 month later...

I've recently picked up some oldschool games on steam. The Monkey Island remasters don't really qualify as old school games I guess but they have an option to swich to the oldschool graphics which is quite fascinating really. Commander Keen is the other game that I've bought, it's a true oldschool game and not that expensive these days.

*Raises hand* The majority of games I play are retro ones. I don't mean on the PS2, since that's not retro in my eyes. (However I do enjoy those games too!) But I mean I love to play various Sega Genesis games on actual hardware. (I own about four Sega Genesis, and a Retron 5 but I can't count that really.) I play ROM hacks on my Flashcart for my Sega Genesis, and I'm looking to invest in a flash cart for my SNES as well as my N64. (After I get another memory pak, mine is corrupted now. :( ) As much as I like newer games, I prefer retro ones.

• 1 month later...

I play old school games all the time :) I grew up with them. I still have all of my old consoles. And the 16 bit era is my favorite of any in gaming history. Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis (and all the attachments). Most of my favorite games are all 20+ years old now. LOL. I love sites like good old games (GOG) for PC point n click type games :) Fond memories of my childhood there. Some of my fave games include Torment, Lunar, Donkey Kong Country, Mario, Sonic, Landstalker / Alundra / Climax Landers, Growlanser Generations, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Dragon Force, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Lufia, Willy Beamish, Vay, Suikoden, King's Quest, Gobliiin's, Sam and Max Hit the Road, Inherit the Earth, Princess Maker 2, and Breath of Fire, just to name a few.

• 1 year later...

Some of the old school games are sort of boring, though.  I mean, the first Mario can be completed by an adult in a two hours or less.  Anyway, Mario III is a little tougher, but it could be boring to some people.

Edited by jy76