What's next for Nintendo?

ZandraJoi

What do you think Nintendo will come out with next? I've always preferred Nintendo as the console, controllers, games tend to be more user-friendly. I would hope they continue to listen to their customers & keep making it that way. They need to find their own groove in the gaming world. People don't want the same ol' system that others have to offer. If they do a version of Switch, they have to really kick it up a notch to make it different.

• 1 month later...
  • Management Team

Well, what reason would they have to do anything OTHER than a Switch 2?

Microsoft made an Xbox, then an Xbox, then an Xbox, then an Xbox. Sony made five Playstations.

Nintendo’s been more all-over-the-place, but they made two generations of Nintendo Entertainment System and two generations of Wii, three generations of Game Boy, and four generations of DS (not counting variations without extra capabilities like the 3DS XL or Wii Mini). It would surprise me if the Nintendo Switch had only a single generation. At some point down the line, there’ll probably be something new again. That’s just something Nintendo does, they focused on power for their first four home consoles, then one gimmick for the next two, and they focused on power for their first three portable consoles then gimmicks for the next four, then their next thing was combining home and portable into one, which they’ll probably do for a few generations at least.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

Nintendo was the first to make wireless controllers.  Sony and Microsoft followed suit after the Wii came out.

Nintendo has been the first to make a home console that is portable. 

So, Nintendo has been the first in a couple of things.  I think they'll continue to do something new in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really imagine what they would do next.   Could you move the characters with your mind, lol?    Anyway, I'm sure there's something I haven't thought of to innovate things.   Anyway, I liked that whole game creation thing where you can use a game to make your own version of a game.  I wonder how far they will take that? 

• 9 months later...

One thing I have always admired about Nintendo is how they always tend to listen to their users and in most cases, try to do what they can to give their users what they want. I love Nintendo because it is perfect for so many from young children to even adults and with the wide variety of games they have to offer, there is always something for everyone and with online play as well, it's a great way to connect with friends and family and have a lot of fun. 

In terms of what is next for Nintendo, I would definitely like to see more of the same to be honest but it be more upgraded. Nintendo have always been known for their unique ways of bringing something different to gamers and I don't ever feel they should change that. 

I do feel like a more powerful and updated Switch 2 is the way they will go and it would be simply illogical for they to avoid going that route, but this is Nintendo.  And do to this being Nintendo, you are correct that we just don't know what is next.  VR is always on the table, but that will be hard to do cheap.  Overall, the Nintendo needs mobile gaming and today's games need a powerful and expensive console, it will be very hard for them to avoid a multi hundred dollar handheld and that makes pairing it with a standard console of any type a rough sell.  Who would buy a Switch Lite 2 AND a new TV console if the Switch Lite 2 could play all the same games. 

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 6 months later...

I always look forward to the next console that Nintendo comes up with.  They seem to push things further with each passing console.  I hear they're going to come out with their next console some time next year....