Is Facebook Good for Game Streaming

I have never done game streaming, however, I am thinking to use facebook for game streaming. I want to use Facebook because it is the most used social media platform. To get started I need to create Gaming Creator Page or convert existing page to gaming video creator page. I already have a page with 1000 plus followers.

What do you think about streaming on Facebook?

• Management Team

I like to agree with most of this, being both a small Twitch and Facebook streamer the only thing I would like to touch on is viewership, In my experiences I could have full 8+ hour streams on Twitch and have a TOTAL view count of the stream less than 5-10 people, and those are just people who had clicked on the stream, much how facebook "Interactions" work.

As a start up streaming there is potential everywhere. If you get 5 viewers on Twitch, 5 on Dlive, 5 on Facebook and 5 on Mixer and 5 on YouTube, you have 25 viewers. Get them all to love you and support you and you could potentially get them all to watch you on Twitch when you are ready to settle down and focus on growth for a career. So brushing off other platforms when you are smaller isn't a good idea.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 9 months later...

I don't think so.  When Mixer closed, all their partners were offered partnership on Facebook Gaming, many took it, many didn't. My buddy tried it on and off for awhile as a 'partner' until he just didn't bother. It wasn't worth it to him. He was streaming to a dead 'chat' or rather 'comments section' and it just wasn't a very good experience. Moderators such as myself had a hard time doing our jobs too, so it wasn't a good experience. Facebook wasn't built around streaming or with streaming in mind, it was an after thought and it shows. 

smokeysig.png revad1.png

• 1 month later...

Being that I was a streamer on Mixer when they closed back in 2020 and all their streamers and partners were directed to Facebook and any partners were given a partnership over on Facebook, I have heard no end of stories about how bad it is on Facebook for streaming. One thing I did hear is that for 30 days they will push your streams out to so many people and you can feel like you are doing really well and after the 30 days they stop and you notice a huge drop in viewership and it can be very difficult to pull viewers in again. I myself have never tried streaming on Facebook but I have tried being a viewer and even as a viewer it's not something I can honestly say I am a fan of, just doesn't feel right having the comment section as a chat.