CDs for Games

CDs or CD Roms I think are a common way to get a game.  Nonetheless, nowadays, many people download games or maybe use some of memory stick - like you see on a PC.  Well, not sure about the 2nd thing.   Anyhow, CDs are a disadvantage for gaming because they are tougher to care for.  Well, not really, however, even well-meaning owners might have kids getting scratches on them or breaking them.

• 1 year later...

It's good not to have CDs now a days since they can easily get damaged with a couple of scratches, also they would demand for a CDROM to run and most laptops don't have CDROMS now a days unless the few exceptional ones. It's best to have games in digital form. Download, Install, Play! Simple!

AJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have used CDs and CD ROM but I don't remember when did I use these things last time. It is easier to download the game on your device and play instead of using CDs to install the game and play.

• 3 weeks later...

Most computers these days do not even have a built in CD Rom drive anymore! It's crazy.I used to love popping a CD in and playing a game though!! I miss that actually, but I do enjoy having the ability to have a game downloaded and play it pretty easily without having to go through a collection. I think I also liked a CD because it was a bit more portable and you didn't have to ensure someone had the right software to play a game like you would if you logged into your stream account on the other person's computer.