What makes a good movie?

Myself, I guess it's the acting, directing, and script.   Anyway, I'm not sure if any one of those things is more important.   Well, what do you feel is a good movie and why is it good - based on a more in-depth analysis?

• 2 months later...

I would say the plot would be first. The synopsis has to draw me in to even start the movie. Next is the acting. I’ve watched some where the plot was great however the acting was awful. Those I ended up stopping & just reading a Wiki thread or other blogs to see how it plays out.

• 7 months later...

When it comes to any movie the first thing I feel makes it a good movie is the plot, without a good plot then you just have a movie with nothing really happening. After that I would have to say good actors and actresses as well make a good movie. All too often I have watched an original of a movie and absolutely enjoyed the movie and then, I have watched say a remake of the movie with different actors and actresses and it's never as good the second time around. 

• 2 months later...
  • Management Team
For me, it's great when I immediately want to dive right back in or I need the rest of the story but not in a bad way like the missed something but it was so good I need more of it lol (The Old Guard). It can vary by the movie but it's great/best when the atmosphere, story, characters, etc blend and flow in such a way I get lost while completely absorbing it all. That's the best I can explain it from my perspective. The rest is just because I ramble and enjoy movies lol.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 3 weeks later...

A good storyline goes the longest way for me.  I want to be drawn in and attached to the movie the entire time.  However, I can't say that a solid action movie with over-the-top fights and destruction isn't on my list at times and the storyline can be meh (looking at you Transformers lol).  

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 3 months later...