YouTube vs. Rumble

I don't see Rumble winning over YOutube because Youtube is Google's Product and Google is one of the biggest Internet Based company with a lot of free products. I am not using Rumble yet.

• 3 months later...

While I will gladly support competitors in the tech space, Rumble's platform is not very good as of right now.  I'm not sure what the underlying framework is, but a few sites have stated using it and I simply do not like it as a viewer or creator.  I do upload to it on and off.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2022 at 1:40 AM, Uncrowned Guard said:

While I will gladly support competitors in the tech space, Rumble's platform is not very good as of right now.  I'm not sure what the underlying framework is, but a few sites have stated using it and I simply do not like it as a viewer or creator.  I do upload to it on and off.

I hear that there are no criteria for monetization on Rumble, you can start earning from your first video, is that correct? I also hear that you can earn by uploading creative common license videos, and you do not have to necessarily make your own video, is this true?

21 hours ago, nomad said:

I hear that there are no criteria for monetization on Rumble, you can start earning from your first video, is that correct? I also hear that you can earn by uploading creative common license videos, and you do not have to necessarily make your own video, is this true?

So I just logged into my account, and this does appear to be true.  You do need to agree to some exclusive uploading terms per video to enable monetization on a video, but it is there.  Looks like 40% after fees, and does not seem to list the fees.  As far as creative commons go, I am not sure.  You do have to agree that the video is not uploaded elsewhere, but there is no automatic copyright checks.  So idk, people might be confusing this with the ability to list your video as a public video and this disables all ads and allows more freedom in what you upload.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 1 month later...

I don't see a lot of people talking about Rumble when it comes to share videos and make money from videos. IN order to make money from videos, you need a lot of views and views might be rare thing on the platforms like Rumble. Popular platforms are no doubt competitive but with little effort you might easily build subscribers and views.

• 2 months later...

YouTube is still going to be king, there is no two ways about it. The people at YouTube have been able to take hold of the bigger market share and that is something that Rubble will struggle to achieve. 

• Management Team
I think Rumble is a possible future competitor to YouTube, but the discovery for unknown creators there is quite dismal in my experience. I think if Rumble was going to get traction with the mainstream it would have happened in the last 10 years but as it is it’s a grifter’s platform from what I’ve seen

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

The issue that affects Rumlbe is that it has the reputation that it is geared more towards the alt-right, conspiracy-type creators. This isn't to say as a bad thing as that is what Rumble is known for, to be a complete free-speech video hosting site. As far as Rumble overtaking YouTube, that's not going to happen. YouTube has a monopoly on server infrastructure and the global mind share of viewers and creators. To even get close to the level of YouTube, Rumble would need to have billions of dollars rolling in to handle the amount of video being constantly uploaded every minute.