Have you ever purchased from Scalpers?

Scalpers are the biggest problem gamers face when it comes to getting new gen consoles whenever they are released. Just like PS5 is not available now, scalpers have it available at 2x the cost it's sold. Gamers do still patronize them, otherwise they would be out of business by now. 

I haven't purchased & I wouldn't. It is quite tempting to think you can get a game when it's out of stock somewhere or you "just have to have it". While I am not a bigtime gamer, I'm fine with waiting. However, I know of some who are just itching to play that newest release.

• 2 weeks later...

They are the last sellers that I would ever consider getting anything from because whatever they sell is too expensive compared to the initial price. 

There is no way you would expect me to purchase from them when they are likely selling 3x the price of what's sold in the market. No please, I will pass. 

• 3 weeks later...

Never done so. I don't see the reason why I should buy from someone, who is out to gain profit over people wanting to buy a game, that somehow is out of stock, partly because of the scalpers purchasing the copies just to resell them.

If anything, I would rather get a copy from a friend, if I can't get it at the store.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Management Team

The price is never right with them, in fact they buy in bulk and then resell them at a higher price and ripp you all off. I rather buy from the retailer store brand new and knowing what I'm getting for the right price on items. Never done and never will buy from those crazy scalpers

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 7 months later...
On 5/27/2022 at 9:01 PM, Joshua Farrell said:

Never done so. I don't see the reason why I should buy from someone, who is out to gain profit over people wanting to buy a game, that somehow is out of stock, partly because of the scalpers purchasing the copies just to resell them.

If anything, I would rather get a copy from a friend, if I can't get it at the store.

Sometimes, I feel like these scalpers have an insider that helps them to have more access to bigger stock of these consoles because I just don't understand how they are able to pull it off. Look at what's been going on with PS5 availability, but they have it in large quantities to sell. 

• 3 months later...

I'm very sure I've not bought anything from them since I started making my own gaming purchases. I'm not a desperate gamer, I don't rush to buy anything. 

On 5/27/2022 at 9:01 PM, Joshua Farrell said:

This is exactly my point as well. I will prefer to wait till the desired gaming device is available on official platforms before I make the purchase. There is no need trying to buy from those greedy resellers.