Would you buy Fortnite if it's a paid game?

This goes right to Fortnite lovers, it's know that a lot of gamers playing the game was impressed by the game being for free. But would you buy the game at $50 if it was a paid game? 

• 9 months later...
On 4/29/2022 at 3:20 PM, nomad said:

I have bought a lot of games, therefore, I would have certainly bought Fortnite even if it was a paid game.

I'm also a fan of Fortnite. I started playing the game since 2018. For me, I wouldn't mind buying Fortnite if it was a paid game but one thing must be adjusted by Epic Games and it's how microtransactions are used in the game. 

Even though more people play free games compared to paid games, I think there is already a huge community of gamer who play game for its gameplay, story line, and graphics. Fortnite graphics are not best compared to other similar games but it surely offers a good game play.

I've never been a fan of the battle royale game type, however after playing Fortnite, it doesn't feel like a paid game so therefore I wouldn't really spend the money on it. Other diehards might, but not me.

1 hour ago, MisterBobbyPin said:

I never really had much interest in Fortnite so the answer would be no. I just don't play Battle Royales.

I know a lot of gamers that aren't freaked by Fortnite at all. My kid brother is one of those people. He managed to play little of Apex Legends. He's definitely not going to pay for Fortnite. 

I will find it difficult doing so. Spending on games is not something that I do with most games and Fortnite is one game that I won't like to spend money buying.

Edited by Henrywrites

• 1 month later...

Going by how much I have played the game over the years and how much I still play it now, it would have definitely been worth the price tag at least for me if it was a paid game so yes, I would have bought it if it wasn't a free game. 

• 6 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 10:03 AM, Henrywrites said:

I will find it difficult doing so. Spending on games is not something that I do with most games and Fortnite is one game that I won't like to spend money buying.

Well, your kind doesn't have anything to worry about with Fortnite then since it's not paid game. Epic Games are very good with making money from their use of microtransactions in the game. 

On 9/29/2023 at 8:22 PM, Excommunicado said:

In its prime when everyone was playing, probably, but then again, would it have been as popular if it was a paid game? I'm not sure.

You mean like in 2018 or thereabouts right? 

Ha! No. But then I have NEVER played Fortnite. It wouldn't be anywhere near as popular if it was a paid game. Clearly they've made a success of the free 2 play model as it's been a major cash cow for Epic. I guess I've always steered clear of free to play, and I'm too old these days to have the reactions to play multiplayer shooters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While it would have likely hurt Fortnite's rise to the top, it is certainly a AAA game and has less monetization than many paid games do today.  

So I really can't think of a reason to not buy it if it was paid, but the free model seems to have worked out much better for it.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

Fortnite was actually one of the first Battle Royale PC games I played.  I was instakilled the second I hit the ground.  I became really irritated, and didn't play it again. LOL

[SIZE=4][URL='https://session9.net']Session 9 Asylum[/URL] ~ Reality is only perception, but how do you know what you perceive is real?[/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)][SIZE=4]~PM me for an invite code~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like playing Fortnite anyway so no way I'm going to buy it lol. I never buy a game that is not RPG or Racing. It has to be from either of the two genres for me to buy, hehe.

AJ

• 1 month later...

Given how much is available now within Fortnite and how much you can do on the game now, if the game was a paid game, I would purchase it but I would expect more things to be free within the game if it were a paid game. 

The fact there is so much available and the game is free to play with optional microtransactions is amazing!

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if Epic Games would make enough money from just selling Fortnite as a paid game instead of making use of micro-transactions to make money from the game. I wouldn't mind paying for it at $70 but it comes with the full package of skins and the rest.