Do you make use of reviews in buying games?

Reviews are very important for me when it comes to helping me make good decisions in purchasing games. I have never purchased any game without reading its reviews. 

Reviews play an important role in the games I buy. However, I also watch trailers before I purchase the game. Price also plays a huge role in the games I purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 3:19 PM, nomad said:

Reviews play an important role in the games I buy. However, I also watch trailers before I purchase the game. Price also plays a huge role in the games I purchase.

You have made a point that makes most sense to me because no matter how good a video game is rated good, if the price is too much, I ain't buying it. 

On 4/29/2022 at 1:16 PM, Heatman said:

Reviews are very important for me when it comes to helping me make good decisions in purchasing games. I have never purchased any game without reading its reviews. 

I make use of reviews on YouTube channels that talk about video games. They give me good information on games to buy and avoid. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't take what a company has on their own website about a particular product. They can be quite biased & leave out any negative comments. That's where forums as well as independent blogs come in. Honest reviews. The best is if they are not sponsored so you know they wouldn't try to hype up a product. But to answer, yes, sometimes I do read the reviews but I try not to. I also take them with a grain of salt.

It really depends on if the game I want to get, has the potential for issues. I prefer to read reviews for games that have been hyped or are expensive to get. Otherwise, if I am interested, I'll just get it, and judge the game for myself.

• 4 weeks later...

when im looking for a new game to play, I do read reviews somtimes so get a bit of an insight on how the game runs and works, if any issues etc, but i take this as what works for the people who have reviewed i somtimes just play the game myself because as i found it might work for me better or my system could run it differently to others, after about half hour into the game i usually know if i like it or not, if theres issues i can overlook or if there is somthing thats just not working for me resulting in removing the game and probably come back later or move onto another game

• 7 months later...
On 5/27/2022 at 8:29 PM, Joshua Farrell said:

It really depends on if the game I want to get, has the potential for issues. I prefer to read reviews for games that have been hyped or are expensive to get. Otherwise, if I am interested, I'll just get it, and judge the game for myself.

I see and that's very interesting to hear how you go about purchasing your games. How many of those games that you bought without reading any reviews on them that you were like I wish I read up reviews on this game before buying them?