Too much gaming?

Has it ever occurred to your mind that you are gaming too much? In your opinion, how many hours of gaming is acceptable and how many hours would be considered too much gaming. For me 5 hours of gaming in a week is acceptable.

I only think they’d be a waste of time & be considered "too much" if your family, health, even your own self is neglected. When it becomes an addiction. Games, computer or board even, can be quite social & relaxing depending on the type you are playing.

• 2 weeks later...

I can only manage 2 hours of gameplay max in a day. It's only during weekends that I have more time to get into more playing games for at least 5 hours. 

Playing games for a longer period of time on a daily basis depends on the mood that I find myself. If I am less busy and happy, I can play games for as long as 6 hours without feeling weak or tired. 

I know very well that I'm playing video games too much and it's because that I'm addicted to it. I'm planning on working on my addiction to gaming but it's not easy for me to stop. 

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, if I am playing a game and I am distracted or not able to physically or mentally devote my time to pay attention to the game, I'll cap my time to a week total. On my desktop or console, I'd probably devote 1-2 hours usually, on a daily basis, if I am feeling up to it. Usually no more than the amount of time to get through a campaign level, or a tough objective.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a habbit in saying il just hop onto a game for an hour then get back to what im doing work wise, if i get into a storyline or event on a game i play 5-6 hours passes by and im like woo where them hours gone so quick so yes i have a hidden darkness in playing a game too much if i get sucked into it. So somtimes i have to plan my game time wisely :)

• Management Team

This is such an important post. I'm playing around 1-2 hours a day and I still feel like it's a major addiction in my life because all day I go around and keep thinking about gaming, and my goal is to completely remove it from my life. But it's really hard. I'm also worried that eventually I will go back to 3-4 hours a day like I used to, and I don't want that.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

On 6/13/2022 at 4:25 PM, EmpireKicking said:

This is such an important post. I'm playing around 1-2 hours a day and I still feel like it's a major addiction in my life because all day I go around and keep thinking about gaming, and my goal is to completely remove it from my life. But it's really hard. I'm also worried that eventually I will go back to 3-4 hours a day like I used to, and I don't want that.

pretty much same as me i have work to do somtimes and when i get hooked into a game this can consume many hours depending on the game and story i am doing on the game, so usually have to keep clock checking to ensure i dont miss clients deadlines on my work, so far i am managing it ok usually game once done the work its like a reward for completing my workload :)

On 6/13/2022 at 9:25 AM, EmpireKicking said:

I have that issue every now and then. Hate it when all I can think of during work, is a certain game, and the need to get updated and involved in getting to the next spot inside the game. Makes it annoying to anyone trying to get me to be involved with whatever they are doing.

I believe gaming is a fine passion and hobby and most people will often find that it takes up less time then other mindless tasks (like TV watching) in their lives, so the total isn't all that important imo.  However, I think others have touched on it and I do support there being limits to any hobby.  These would include the addictive native of the gambling side, the use of gaming to avoid family, and the improper posture that is often used in long gaming sessions.

Overall, it it isn't affecting your family/career life, it isn't draining your bank, and you are taking care of your personal health/well-being, then I say play until your heart is content.  You only live once and if gaming is your passion, then follow it.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 1 month later...

My schedule is what determines how long I would be playing any video game at any point in time. If I'm free, I might play at least a minimum of 2 hours and maximum of 4 hours in a day. I can't do about 4 hours in a day no matter how free I am. I have other things to do apart from playing video games. 

• 1 year later...

When I was focusing on video game content creation I would often look back and think to myself "I am spending way too much time playing video games" but at the same time I was making money playing them whilst live so it was a difficult situation.