Gaming and health

Gaming is good for your mental health, it helps you to de-stress relax and feel good. However, when you are gaming too much, it can be detrimental to your physical health, for example, you might experience pain on your wrists and fingers, your back might hurt.

I had saw this article that I thought would be beneficial. What tips helps you? I find the tips can be beneficial for most anything. Standing up, moving around, & of course keeping hydrated.

Health For Gamers
"Like to spend your time winning the West in Red Dead Redemption 2 or battling it out in Call of Duty? That's great...but you may have noticed that your hands are starting to cramp and your back is starting to ache...."

Edited by ZandraJoi

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a chronic addict to video games. I would have bruises on my thumbs and I wouldn't stop playing. It was a very difficult time for me back then. It was when I realized what those suffering from drugs and alcoholic beverages addiction passes through. 

I am not a gaming addict, but each time that I play games on my consoles for a very long period of time, I feel some pains on my fingers. It takes more than 48 hours to feel better again. I did reduce the hours I spend on gaming since that incident. 

Once I'm in a bad mood, playing video games helps me to get back in a good lively mood. It's one of my best form of therapy that works well for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Too much of anything is bad. I make sure to don't game much these days. Like I spend some time going out and taking some walks instead.Because too much gaming messes with your mind and the health in general. That's one of those things I can tell you that needs to be addressed if you game too much.

I do know that being infront of anything for too long of an extended time, will cause issues for me. I know that when pain isn't obvious upfront for me, the first thing that will happen is my feeling of being lethargic. Little hard to get out of that, if I have been playing games or just using a computer or console for extended periods of time. If that doesn't happen immediately, but I experience pain, the pain I get can take 2-3 days to disappear, even with moving around and walking.

• 2 months later...

Playing video games helps me to unwind and it's part of the reason why I can't ever stop playing. When it comes to helping me to relax, there are so many games that does that for me. Unpacking is one of such game's that helps me to relax. I also enjoy playing online with friends which is so much fun than playing alone. 

• 5 months later...

I have to 100% agree with you when you say that gaming can be great for your mental health. As someone who has health issues and also suffers from anxiety and depression, gaming is a good way for me to be able to shut off and close the world out for a little while and just be able to enjoy myself and relax. I never game for too long though before i get up to do something or even head out if I need to but even if I game for around 1 - 2 hours on an evening I always feel better mentally. 

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that everything is dependent on how much you're playing the video games. There's an extent you'd play those games, and instead of them helping with both your mental and general health, it's going to mar it big time. It's why I encourage gaming in moderation.