Do you keep your old phones?

I have this common habit of being too attached to my older smartphone. This makes it very difficult for me to move on from the phones and give them away when I'm upgrading to new one's.

I always have them boxed and kept. Most of them should still be in good working condition because the last time I checked on my old Nokia 3310, it still works very well.

My brother usually sell off his old phone the moment he buys a new one but I can't see myself doing that. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Management Team

At the moment most of my old phones are garbage because I didn't get a new phone until I dropped/destroyed them. My current one I guess I'll just hold onto as I doubt I would get much money back to make it worth.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 4 weeks later...

While we don't believe in cell phones, my husband only has one for emergencies, when we did have to upgrade, we'd donate them to places that could benefit. One is for Women's Shelters so women can have a phone in case of domestic violence. Many are programmed with just 911 so they can get help faster.

I'll keep my last gen or two as a backup, but they will eventually get wiped and disposed of.  Sadly phone recycling around here as pretty much disappeared, it is about a 45 minute drive to a drop off now.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 1 month later...

Yes, I do tend to keep my old phones and I store them safe once I get a new phone or say when my kids get a new phone and their phones are still in good condition, I will always keep them in a safe place so that we have spare phones just in case anything happens to the phones we are currently using and we need one to turn to whilst we are waiting for ours to be fixed or replaced. 

• 1 month later...

I never keep an old phone. They have a recycle program in New Zealand where you can send your old phones and they refurbish them for charities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I always keep my old phones, though I'm not entirely sure why. I used to only use Android devices so when I made the switch to iPhone in 2018, I just decided to hold onto my old Samsung Galaxy S2/S7. The S2 has a bad battery and won't charge, my S7 also has a bad battery and won't hold a charge for long.

• 2 months later...

I do have a habit of keeping my old phones just in case I have issues with my current phone or for personal use. Some of my logins are also still on my old phones so if I forget a login, I can just quickly charge the other phone and check.