When Will Be Valorant Available on PlayStation or Mobile?

Valorant is a free-to-play first-person hero shooter game exclusively available only on PC. The game is developed and published by Riot Games. I have been playing this game for a while. I hear that  Riot Games is planning to launch Valorant on other platforms. In fact it announced in 2021 June that soon the game will come to mobile. One has gone but there are n updates.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management Team

No chance, it just wouldn’t work. Imma use R6 as an example while yes it is on console nobody is actually good enough to be compared to pc players all console players are dogshit at R6 compared to every pc player many FPS games like cs and Valorant are just too precise to the point where it’s impossible to be properly implemented on console. Many crucial mechanics would be impossible on console, jiggle peeking, counter-strafeing, etc. I feel that Valorant will crash and burn on mobile aswell as it’s going to feel like that shitty cs knockoff and it won’t be good; I hope I can be proved wrong and that Valorant can work on mobile and maybe in the future on console, but unfortunately I doubt it.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with @EmpireKickingand believe it would do more harm then good as it is simply impossible to perfectly balance multiple input types and such.  However, I have always supported input based matchmaking and that would certainly take care of a lot of the problems. 

I can't help but feel like they would be better to push it to consoles first as consoles love shooters and it would be less of a adaptation to move that direction imo.  I also believe that Riot Games started some level of partnership with Microsoft after the time the mobile game was supposed to be a thing and that turned into a Game Pass deal.  It would not surprise me if the money moved around for that redirected the dev team for the easy Game Pass money, but I don't know much about the deal itself.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 3 months later...

I know that what Riot Games is trying to do is to milk the mobile game base fans as well with porting the game to mobile phones but it's rather going to kill the game than make them the money they are seriously looking at making from getting it available on mobile phones. It's going to chunky because they would forced to squeeze in a lot of things congested in it mobile version and that's going kill the game. 

• 9 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 10:09 PM, EmpireKicking said:

No chance, it just wouldn’t work. Imma use R6 as an example while yes it is on console nobody is actually good enough to be compared to pc players all console players are dogshit at R6 compared to every pc player many FPS games like cs and Valorant are just too precise to the point where it’s impossible to be properly implemented on console. Many crucial mechanics would be impossible on console, jiggle peeking, counter-strafeing, etc. I feel that Valorant will crash and burn on mobile aswell as it’s going to feel like that shitty cs knockoff and it won’t be good; I hope I can be proved wrong and that Valorant can work on mobile and maybe in the future on console, but unfortunately I doubt it.

Good analysis. I never analyzed Valorant in that way. While there is no news of Valorant getting a console version, it is believed that they are preparing to squeeze the game for mobile devices. Since mobile gaming is a huge market, and I believe, it is bigger than PC or Console market, so they will certainly try to build a good version for mobile platforms.