Yearly releases

Do you support any franchises with yearly releases such as Madden, NHL, NBA2K or Call of Duty?  I tend to buy Call of Duty every year myself, to play through the campaign, I'll try the MP and play it for awhile, but i generally haven't liked the MP since 2018.

smokeysig.png revad1.png

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't say I support them myself but I do buy the new FIFA and the new WWE games for my sons whenever they release if they ask for them. Despite there not being much of a difference with each game year in year out, because their friends have the newest release they usually also want the new release. Luckily there is usually a rough time they will release so I always save to be able to get it for them when they ask. I don't play them myself though. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, MisterBobbyPin said:

No, I don't. It's harmful to the franchise by not allowing new ideas to form. It harms developers who have to either be lazy or crunch. And it hurts the consumers who get crappy samey games.

Seriously, take a look at what's been going on with EA and their FIFA games. The game has now been watered so down behind because all the developers do how is copy their old games, tweak just a few things and work on the graphics, viola a new year's release is out.... Screw that!!