Big box vs Digital?

Smokey

When it comes to PC Gaming, which do you prefer? Big Box PC games like Myst, Quake 2, etc, or would you rather have what's commonplace today with Steam, Epic Games, and Battle.net launchers in an all-digital setting?

I liked the idea of PC games on discs, because it let you build up a physical collection, but I see how digital is way more convenient nowadays, especially since most desktops & laptops aren't being built or shipped with any sort of optical media drive in them anymore.

smokeysig.png revad1.png

• 2 months later...
  • Management Team
My collection is basically all digital. I’m not a collector so physical isn’t as important to me, plus I figure most games tend to have fairly important patches or DLC that wouldn't be on the cartridge anyway. So the potential to not have access in the future sort of applies to physical as well. But honestly, it seems like they allow access to digital purchases for a very long time even if the store is closed so you can't buy more. With good internet speeds and things going on nowadays, most are digital. It was not always like that for me though. About even years ago I brought games on discs and the main reason why as I had a very bad and slow internet connection that would not allow me to download, so going into the shop buying games was epic then. When I had the internet at my house I turned around big time knowing that it's cheaper and easy to buy games online like steam.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I much prefer physical media over digital as you really do not own digital media, but with gaming, I find digital the way to go.  There is really no way to properly support your large physical gaming library, no home gaming servers, no great way to manage all those gaming accounts and CD keys, etc. etc.  Then you favor all the DRM protections and how most physical games need to download parts of the game anyway and it just makes digital much more practical.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 2 weeks later...