How often do you clean your PC keyboard?

Heatman

I visited an old buddy of mine last week and when I tried playing on his PC, I noticed that some of the keys were too stiff. I had to ask him how often he cleans his keyboard and to my greatest surprise he said once in a year. I clean my keyboard at least twice in a month. 

• 4 months later...

I think it's one of the things people forget about and then ignore it when they do remember it! 

I clean mine maybe once a month? I guess that's okay, but if you think about it, I use it all the time so there must be a ton of germs on it. Maybe I'll clean it now. 

I clean my PC keyboard on an as-needed basis, in other words, I clean my keyboard every time I see it dirty. This is for a thorough cleaning, however, every morning when I sit to boot my computer, I wipe my monitor and keyboard with a soft towel.

Periodic cleaning of the PC is something that is very important. I mean you are in the position where you have a clean PC that didn't develop issues as a result of dust that it has accumulated over time. For that reason, I will clean my PC often as 2 weeks intervals. 

• 2 months later...

I would say that when it comes to cleaning my keyboard. I tend to clean it as much as 1 - 2 times per month depending on when I feel it needs to be done. I am someone who can not stand to have a messy or sticky keyboard so I do everything I can to prevent that.

1 - 2 times a month seems sufficient enough. 

• 2 months later...
  • Management Team

I tend to give it a fast clean at the end of each use or in my terms each day :) I use my system every day and so I give it a clean every single day. I'm a very hot fuss pot when it comes to things like this. So I keep it like new and last longer ;) 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

If I notice the keys are a bit shiny, I'll wipe them down. Otherwise I don't really clean frequently. My keyboards haven't had the actual need for it. Now that I see other people cleaning theirs though I do consider maybe I should be cleaning it more frequently. xD

• Management Team
On 11/21/2023 at 7:12 PM, Reverie said:

If I notice the keys are a bit shiny, I'll wipe them down. Otherwise I don't really clean frequently. My keyboards haven't had the actual need for it. Now that I see other people cleaning theirs though I do consider maybe I should be cleaning it more frequently. xD

Well, if you spent $200 like I have maybe you would clean it more often :P 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

For me, it's definitely on an as-is basis. I've owned keyboards that are $200, and I've owned keyboards that are $50. If I notice it's dirty, I'll clean it. Currently using a $50 keyboard over my Logitech G815 because I was a bit tired of the low profile keycaps and the clickiness. I'll try to clean out my PC of any dust usually on a monthly basis though.

• 1 month later...

I see no need to clean it so often, maybe once in six months. I don’t have a dusty environment, sometime tampering too much with the keyboard in the aim of cleaning can cause some damages.