Is being a streamer/content creator as a career relevant in 2023?

With how saturated it is, do you think there's still money to be made as a streamer? Quite a few people get into it to make money and they end up failing, I feel it's the hobbyists that succeed as they're focused on content and not so much making money.

• 2 weeks later...

It is certainly possible, but like all careers, the field is saturated and simply doing it to become successful is not enough.  You need to have the passion and work ethic to succeed in the career and finding new/better methods to bring in viewers is a great idea.  Overall, you need to not be the same as everyone else and put the work in.  It is not easy money anymore, but it is not impossible by any means.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 2 months later...

There is always money involved as long as you find out a niche inside that others have not tapped into. Everything media is always possible to tap into and that is something I like about it. 

• 1 month later...

I think game content creation and game streaming is still profitable career. There are a lot of platforms where you can publish your game content and stream your game play. There is a great demand for the consumption of game content. While you might not be able to earn much only through content monetization, you might earn really well through sponsorship, merch selling, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management Team

Someone's streaming for the wrong reasons and not marketing themselves improperly. Stream something you love to play, spend your streams making content that is interesting, you just playing a game with boring reactions isn't making content, edit that content to different platforms, build a following all while enjoying making content. Hide your viewer count, socialize with every person in chat, don't over stream, follow a schedule, you'll be fine.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

One thing I always say is that streaming is not for everyone. Just because you play video games it does not instantly make you a streamer or content creator. 

To make it as a streamer you need to enjoy entertaining others as well as playing video games. You also need to be someone who enjoys editing so you can make videos that will help you become established as a content creator and streamer. 

Making money and even making a living streaming is still very possible though if that is something you want to do and are able to do. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2023 at 4:20 AM, Shortie861 said:

One thing I always say is that streaming is not for everyone. Just because you play video games it does not instantly make you a streamer or content creator. 

To make it as a streamer you need to enjoy entertaining others as well as playing video games. You also need to be someone who enjoys editing so you can make videos that will help you become established as a content creator and streamer. 

Making money and even making a living streaming is still very possible though if that is something you want to do and are able to do. 

I play games but I am not a streamer, I have never streamed games. Sometimes I screen record my gaming activities and then edit the video and upload, however, I do not live stream. I do not have the skills. Well, if you want to become a streamer, you need communicative skills, you will have to interact with your audience.