Video games based on movies

What do people think of video games based on movies? I used to play games like Pirates of the Caribbean, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc.

There are a few gems out there, but most seem to just be a miss at best.  I feel like a lot of studios believe the movie name will sell the game enough for it to be good and that is never enjoyable for gamers.  I used to love most of the Star Wars games, but the new ones are not great.  Battlefront 2 was really starting to come together with updates, but they pulled the plug anyway.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• Management Team

It's not based on the movie, but Alien: Isolation is a wet dream for Alien fans; especially fans of the first film. They have painstakingly recreated the sets and all the sounds from the film. It honestly feels like you've stepped into the film, the graphics are so good that you can actually walk up to computers/terminals and see all the little details and textures that are exactly like the film

Also, I loved the Lord of the Rings games on ps2

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Games like this I love, can’t put my finger on exactly why but something about it being connected to a movie is more fun.

• Management Team
On 3/2/2023 at 11:51 AM, Fait said:

Games like this I love, can’t put my finger on exactly why but something about it being connected to a movie is more fun.

And so what Films that you watched and then played a game based on that?

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

On 3/6/2023 at 9:58 AM, EmpireKicking said:

And so what Films that you watched and then played a game based on that?

There’s been a few but in my childhood the only ones i remember the names of is the Marvel series but there was a few good ones.

• 1 month later...

Just like Lord of the rings. I look forward to playing games made from my favorite movies as I will always want to put myself in place of those favorite actors. 

• 1 month later...

The Last of Us, Resident Evil, Spiderman, Unchartered and so many more are great games adapted to movies. They are great video games. I enjoy playing them. 

• 1 month later...

I have watched movies and TV shows that were adapted from games, however, I don't think I have ever played games that were originally made as movies. I am not interested in playing games that I enjoyed watching as movies or even TV shows.

I've been playing "Hogwarts: Legacy" which is loosely based on the Harry Potter series.  It's actually surrounds your character that you create but you are going to school at Hogwarts.

• 1 month later...

I think they have done something on Game of Thrones but it doesn't have much to offer in TV show to game's adaptation. The Last Of Us is where they did a very good job in the movie. I heard they are thinking of adapting Red Dead Redemption to a movie.