PC thing of the past

Fait

Does anyone think due to how popular mobiles are that PCs will slowly become a thing of the past?

I have mixed opinions about it.

• Management Team

I don’t think the desktop is dying. Yes, web apps are really cool, resolve “old-good” issues, are easily scalable, easy to maintain and distribute, and easy to control and update.

But look. We have “Chrome books”, but people still use laptops/classic PCs. We have clouds, but people still use HDD and other media. We have a smart TV and Cortana, but many people disable voice/picture tracking. We have web email clients, but people still use Outlook/Thunderbird/pick other desktop clients. We have web-based Office apps and Google Documents, but people still install the desktop version.

Because people want their data to be with them, available when necessary. Because people not always are connected to the internet, but still need to work. Because people don’t trust the “outer world”.

And that only regards ordinary users. Not to mention the industry. Especially in industry, where computers are disconnected from the network or where data must not leave certain infrastructure or even certain machines.

This guarantees that the desktop won’t die for a long time.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I can only see them becoming more integrated, but still PCs and mobiles.  Keyboards are still and likely always will be a major item that mobile simply lacks.  Complex LAN and office setups are terrible if using only mobile devices and multitasking will always be better on larger screens.  

Overall, mobile is certainly going to be the primary point of access for most people into tech and content, but PCs will far from being replaced for getting actual work completed and using complex setups.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 1 month later...

I enjoy doing gaming on my PC because the screen is bigger than on mobile. I mostly play games for Android through a Bluestacks emulator and using the mouse makes it easier to play them. I don't think PC gaming will die out any time soon. 

• 3 months later...

I don't think phones will take over PCs. There's lots of things you can't do on a phone that you can easily do on a PC. Plus businesses will continue to rely on the PC to get the job done. Many people prefer to game on PCs, if anything I have a feeling there's going to be more people using PCs for gaming than consoles in the future.

• Management Team
On 9/6/2023 at 12:47 AM, Sonikku1011 said:

I don't think phones will take over PCs. There's lots of things you can't do on a phone that you can easily do on a PC. Plus businesses will continue to rely on the PC to get the job done. Many people prefer to game on PCs, if anything I have a feeling there's going to be more people using PCs for gaming than consoles in the future.

Well, GPUz are so expensive and powerful nowadays like the 4090 and soon enough 5090 Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhh

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 4 months later...

It is unlikely that PCs will become obsolete due to the popularity of mobile devices. While mobiles offer convenience, PCs are still crucial for complex tasks, gaming, and professional work. Both devices serve different purposes, coexisting in the evolving tech landscape.

AJ