Does getting married scare you?

No doubts, marriage is a beautiful thing and it is a good thing when two hearts that are in love get along in love. However, cases of divorce has been on the rise. Does this scare you in marriage? 

I’ve been married for over 24 years. It is quite sad that people feel that marriage is no longer a lifelong commitment & that divorce is quite easy nowadays. However, there are many people who still believe in love, compromise, & respect.

My husband & I don’t believe in divorce. Now I know many people have said that same thing. But we are committed. We’ve been through so much together. We are best friends & we also LIKE each other. I always feel you need to LIKE your partner in order for it to work.  

My partner does talk about marriage from time to time and yes it scares me as I know my family wouldn't support it being in a same-sex relationship. I guess one day we will decide what we want to do but for now I'm not keen on the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for marriage between anyone who loves each other. I've been married for 10 years (Divorced twice) So i can see both sides. Marriage can be scary yes, but when with the right person it will be amazing.

• 2 months later...

Considering I'm 33 and never even had a girlfriend, yes it does scare me. Relationships are one of my biggest insecurities of life and I feel like it could change my life drastically for better or worse. I could settle down for a girlfriend one day perhaps, but I'm not sure I want to get involved with the legal doings of marriage.

When I was younger and with the wrong person, the thought of marriage used to scare me. I would often wonder how bad it would be if I did marry the person I was with at the time. 

Luckily, I was able to get out of that relationship and move into a new one and now, when I think of marriage I don't feel scared and I actually feel excited about the day I will finally be able to get married :)

I am married and I am happy. This does not mean we don't pick up a fight or do not have disagreements but it feels good to be in someone's arms when you nare feeling low and dejected. I was not scared of marriage, however, I was not interested in getting married and having kids.

I wasn't scared when I married my hubby nearly 22 years ago.  I was excited to get married and start a life with my hubby.  In my mind, it meant that I had finally reached the age of adulthood and embarking out on our own. 

• 5 weeks later...

I've been married for almost four years now and it's the best thing that has happened to me other than transitioning. :) I love my spouse, they are my best friend and I can't imagine life without them.

I celebrated my 33rd wedding anniversary this year and I got out my wedding album and shared a pic of my terrified face to friends. It brought back a flood of memories as I was walking down the aisle of, "did I make the right choice?" My dad practically pulled me down the aisle because I was moving slowly. But even though there were some rough patches here and there, being in a marital relationship is well worth it as we enter our golden years soon. We have each other to rely on and know that we'll always have each other's back. 

• 2 months later...

Women generally scare me today because they have been so unpredictable which makes it very difficult for me to have anything to do with them. So, yeah, I'm freaked out about getting married.