Download or Buy?

Do you prefer to download PC Games off the internet or buy the DVD?

We prefer buying the DVD because then we have the physical copy. It’s very useful for when you lose your internet but would still like to pass the time with a game. Only problem that can happen is if you upgrade your computer & it's no longer compatible. Plus, from our experience, if the website goes out of business, we still have the copy. Unfortunately, there was one game I TRULY loved. Skip-Bo Castaway Caper. Years ago, when we upgraded our computer, I tried to play it & it wouldn’t play. I emailed customer support but the game was no longer available. I still miss that game lol I did find a place where you can play it online, however, you need to start over from the beginning each & every time. Bummer!

• 1 month later...

Most of my video games are downloaded since I upgraded to Playstation 4 and 5. I can't remember when I bought physical games last. It was on my Playstation 2 I got more physical games. 

I would rather have the download version these days. What if you lost the physical copy or it got scratched and didn't play anymore? With a downloadable copy you can access it from anywhere.

I like to download. Buying is always out of the picture as it means I will have to create a space where I will begin to keep all of these DVDs at the end of the day. So, downloading off the internet saves me a lot of time. 

• 2 months later...

I download most of my games, I can still play them offline on my Xbox so it’s not really an issue if my internet is out, plus it’s normally only out if my power is also out anyways

I always used to prefer buying the CD when it came to games for the PC and I used to do that a lot as well when it came to console games as well. 

With digital becoming more popular, I tend to buy most of my games digitally. Most consoles and PCs now don't have disc drives so it makes sense to stick with digital.

With no kids around and assuming I can be mature and not lay CDs around, I think I can handle just buying the CD.   

Kids can do some funny things, though, like put jelly in the console. 😃

I have a kid but I can't really get him a system with CDs until maybe he's a teenager.  This is, unless his gaming is highly supervised. 

On 9/20/2023 at 3:24 PM, Spartan said:

I download most of my games, I can still play them offline on my Xbox so it’s not really an issue if my internet is out, plus it’s normally only out if my power is also out anyways

Being able to play them when you've got no internet connection is another reason downloading them makes it easier for me. I always prefer downloading most of those games that I want to play on my PC. 

• 1 month later...
  • Management Team

Nowadays it's all digital copies :) Back in the day (looking at 15 years ago) I would but most of my games on discs as I had no choice as my internet was CRAP, that bad that I end up buying them out in the store ;) I still have some of those games on discs till this day. 

WIth Epic and steam I end up buying and download games right away

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 4 months later...
On 11/14/2023 at 4:34 PM, EmpireKicking said:

Nowadays it's all digital copies :) Back in the day (looking at 15 years ago) I would but most of my games on discs as I had no choice as my internet was CRAP, that bad that I end up buying them out in the store ;) I still have some of those games on discs till this day. 

WIth Epic and steam I end up buying and download games right away

Exactly! It's super easy to buy and downland games online these days. I don't have to deal with the stress of getting the disc and keeping it in good shape in order for it not to damage and it won't play again.