Do You Think eSports Should Be Included in Olympics

Esports has been included in Asian Games. In 2023, esports will be one of the 37 sports to be played in the Asian Games to be held in China, in September. In the tournament, 8 games will be featured as medal events. Do you think esports should also be included in the Olympics? Do you see esports as real esports?

• 2 months later...

Why not? Today, gaming is one of the fastest growing industries in the world! Every day millions of new gamers are emerging in the world of competitive gaming. It would be great to have gaming as part of the Olympics for sure. Definitely the world would love to see it happen.

AJ

• 3 weeks later...

Yes of course, I believe that eSports have evolved so well that it can't be overlooked anymore. There are so many sports in the Olympics that doesn't meet the level of competition eSports brings. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2023 at 1:00 AM, Excommunicado said:

No. The Olympics is for sports. Let's be real, eSports is not a sport. 

Sports is all about physical performance, however, esports is more of mental activities. I also do not like to include esports in the sports category, but I do not find any issue in having esports category in the major tournaments like Olympics.