Does Screen Size Matter?

nomad

I play games on my PC and my PC screen is 15 inches (it is a gaming laptop). I also use a TV screen to play games and my TV screen is 52 inches. I do not experience any difference while gaming on 15 inch screen or gaming on 52 inches screen. For me, gaming is more about the game play. Well, the display needs to be of quality but the size does not matter. What about you?

Both screen sizes are okay and that is the reason you didn't notice much difference. When you play games on some screens that are quite small, you will come to the conclusion that you need to make a lot of changes. This is for a fact though as it is something that you will discover pretty soon. 

• 1 month later...

I have always preferred a screen size when it comes to a PC or laptop for gaming to be a 15-inch. I will admit that the TV I use for my Xbox One is a 32-inch TV and as much as I do not mind that, I would love to get a monitor instead that is smaller maybe a 24-inch and then have my TV in my bedroom instead. 

One day I will be able to do that :)

I think screen resolution matters more than screen size. If your screen can display 4K graphics without being pixelated, I believe you will have no problem with gaming on any screen size. A lot of people play games on mobile phones, in fact more people play games on mobile phones compared to PC or consoles.

• 3 weeks later...

I think having a bigger screen does matter when it comes to playing triple A titles. You want to have the best gaming experience, and IMO you won't get it from a smaller screen. I currently have a small monitor, I can't remember the dimensions of it though I got it from Amazon along with my PC. I want to get a bigger monitor in the future, but I have to save up for that!

• 2 weeks later...

When I used to play games a lot more competitively than today, I always noticed that my performance would drop when on a larger screen.  25" was always my preferred monitor size, but as I moved away from the competitive side, I found myself enjoying larger monitors like 27" more, and now I have a 34" UW for my gaming (granted I only had it a week, so we will see).

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

I think for some games that screen size definitely matters! If you need to find small items, you'll really strain your eyes looking at a smaller screen. If you look at a larger screen and sit too close, then you'll find your head moving all over the place and could get a sore neck. Sitting too close or too far from either type of screen can also help gameplay or hinder it.

• 2 months later...
  • Management Team

Yes it matters, but probably doesn’t make a huge difference to most people. If you’re serious about gaming, then it might be a good idea because you need to get every advantage possible. But otherwise, just play with what you like

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 month later...

I do more on my computer other than play games, I do web design and graphic design so I need something big. I run a 34-inch 4K display. 

While a larger screen can enhance the visual experience, it doesn't necessarily affect my enjoyment or skill level. As long as the display is of good quality, the size isn't a major factor for me.

AJ