Have you been blocked by a friend?

Getting blocked on social media is something I've not experienced since I started using them. Recently, a friend of mine whom I connected with online blocked me. I don't know why he did so and I wish to find out but there's no way to reach him. 

Anyone experienced this kind of thing? 

I've lost a lot of friends over the years due to my stupidity. Some I ended up sorting things out with and sadly some that never want to hear from me again.

I guess we have to learn who the true friends are and those are the ones who we sort things out with and will always stick by our side.

• 2 months later...

To my knowledge, there have been very few people who have blocked me on social media however, I have had to block people on social media due to issues they have caused or even drama that they are involved in. 

I tend to keep my circle small as I feel there are fewer issues when you have a small circle and that certainly seems to have helped. 

I've learned recently that I was blocked by the brother of an ex-friend on Facebook. He and I used to be cool and then suddenly I realized I wasn't seeing his posts anymore. It wasn't anything I had said or done, but I can pretty much be guaranteed it's because his sister demanded it. She was toxic which is why I ended the friendship in the first place. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 12:51 PM, Lämmchen said:

I've learned recently that I was blocked by the brother of an ex-friend on Facebook. He and I used to be cool and then suddenly I realized I wasn't seeing his posts anymore. It wasn't anything I had said or done, but I can pretty much be guaranteed it's because his sister demanded it. She was toxic which is why I ended the friendship in the first place. 

I wouldn't like to have anything to do with someone who's toxic. They will make your own miserable for you. It's why rooting them out very quickly is going to be better for you. 

I would say that I've been lucky not to have been blocked by a friend because I am someone that can piss a lot of them up most of the time. I so much appreciate them for always being supportive and understanding my type of personality. 

I have never been blocked by a friend. It's actually when you have lots of friends that one of them whom you're no longer communicating with very well will decide to block you. I love having a peaceful and quiet life. Most friends are not worth it.