What's your view on Pay to Win Games?

I've heard a lot about games where you pay to win after completing some duels. Those games where the end result is winning some prizes at the end. Do you get involved in those games? 

• 5 weeks later...

It is not easy to make money through gaming activities, however, if you play games for fun and in the mean time also win cash prizes or make money, that's really good. I am very positive on play to earn and play to win games. I play some of these games but I have never won big amount.

I am someone that is completely against pay-to-win games and I refuse to play them if I find out they are that kind of game. 

I always see a game that should be available for you to play and stand a chance at winning without having to funnel money into the game. If I am having to put money into a game just to be able to win, it's not a game I don't believe but a scam by a business to get money out of people. 

10 hours ago, Shortie861 said:

I am someone that is completely against pay-to-win games and I refuse to play them if I find out they are that kind of game. 

I always see a game that should be available for you to play and stand a chance at winning without having to funnel money into the game. If I am having to put money into a game just to be able to win, it's not a game I don't believe but a scam by a business to get money out of people. 

Do you like playing Forza Horizon? There is a game called REVV Racing, which is just like Forza Horizon and this game allows you to make money. Most of the play to earn and play to win games that I am aware off are very similar to the traditional games, the only difference is you can make money if accomplish something in the game

For me, it really stands on HOW it is pay to win.  If the game offers paid-only items that are just better than the rest or offers a way to skip the grind, but then makes the grind simply impractical to achieve, then those are very bad games.  But I'm not really against stuff like XP boosts, and small skips in grinds that really aren't hard to achieve in the game.  

The biggest problem today is that many games seem to be in line with my thought process and are starting to push the limit.  Like battle passes adding the best items at level 100 when they could clearly spread them out among the levels.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 1 month later...

I tried a play to win about 15 years ago and got nowhere with it. My internet connection was too slow for that particular game, and others would beat me before I even got a chance to do what was needed. I truly wanted to win something, but failed, so it wasn't worth my time. Now that my internet speed is really fast, I might look into it, but which sites actually pay out?

• 6 months later...

Pay to win games are piece of trash. It's a game which discourages hard work and encourage using money to win. If one doesn't spend money on the game, they are screwed over. I will never waste my time on playing such video games because they are not worth it.