Getting wifi in old buildings?

I have to get some ideas and hopefully others can help me out. I have an event happening in an old building from the mid-1900s and there are heavy cinderblock walls. The problem with those type of walls is getting wifi in the event room because the router is in another room that won't hold all the people. What are your ideas to help us get wifi so we can run our event? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

It's not that hard in terms of what gear you need and depends on what your home is like. I used to be in a five-bedroom 1880s-style home for three years and all I had was just a normal $500 router from Asus that covers a good range. End of the day I was the only person who was really using it from my room and the Laptop from downstairs was still able to get full wifi coverage. But then again my router was very costly and had a very large big antenna. End results were that the grand floor was not getting the full coverage :(  

But to resolve that, Just get a good Router and or modem in one location then add a WIFI extension that just plugs into the power socket that you can put anywhere or if you have another spare Router lying around then link them up :) 

pic_seamless.png

Asus call it AIMash as image above says, but what ever brands you have or got would do the same

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!